The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Hello everyone. Well Chase is studying again (actually I'm looking over there and he's actually sleeping...poor guy is totally wiped out), so I thought I would update our blog now that Sadie has finally gone down for a nap. Today we celebrated Sadie's birthday with her friend Tanner Swenson. It was hilarious watching the two of them and how differently they reacted to the cake. Sadie didn't want a thing to do with it. She thought the candle was pretty neat but thought all the sweet stuff underneath was nothing to write home about. Tanner on the other hand, chowed down and had frosting all over his face. Sadie had more fun watching him get all messy than eating her own cake. It was a pool party so a bunch of us San Diegans got together to celebrate in the warm sunny weather. I'm going to try again with the cake on Sadie's real birthday (the 8th) and see if she really doesn't like it. A part of me hopes she doesn't. We don't need any more sweet teeth around here.

So good news. Chase was hired on by Judge Swift in the United States Tax Court. This means two things; 1) we will be moving to D.C. in the fall, and 2) he won't be working for the SEC after all because the Judge wants him full time. We are so excited to get back to D.C. where we first met and fell in love (cheesy, I know) and to have Sadie there with us. As for this summer, we are staying here where Chase will be working for the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Corporations. I love San Diego so I'm glad we get to be here for the best time of the year....summer!!! We plan on spending a lot of time at the beach and the pool. All we can think of right now is just getting finals week behind us. It's amazing to think that Sadie was born right in between two of Chase's finals last year. I'm proud of him for always being such a great dad and husband to me but also being able to handle all the studying as well. What a guy!!

Well, that's all for now. I'll write more when finals are done and we are all sane again.

No comments: