The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Rosemary Beach

The Etheringtons decided to take our summer beach vacation in October this year. We went to Rosemary Beach near Panama City, Florida. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! This little beach town is set in the middle of a very large red neck community. Two words...Harley Davidson. It was like a little oasis of class amongst wife beaters, mullets and Walmarts.
All of a sudden you leave all that behind and enter Rosemary Beach and you enter a new world...(I should write for lonely planet.) My brother Nick is a real estate agent down there and sells these multimillion dollar beach houses. We were happy to have a guy on the inside because my parents rented us an amazing beach house. Despite the scary jelly fish that stung four or five of us, we had a fantabulous time!!!
What a beautiful beach!!! Hopefully my pictures will do the emerald water justice. The best part was being with my entire family...that's right...all of us!! No one was on a mission this year and everyone could get work off. It was AWESOME!!! Sadie and her cousin Ruby got to know each other a little better and I got to give my new little nephew lots of squeezes. I love my family.
We all have so much fun when we're together and I was very sad to leave and go back to the daily routine of life. I absolutely LOVED having Chase with me 24/7. With him working and going to school out here, I feel like I never see him. It was great having him all to myself. Sadie was a little scared of the waves at first but once we showed her that she can throw rocks in the water, she immediately was addicted and loved them.
She was never very fond of the water in San Diego because it's so cold, but this water was warm and full of jelly fish!!! All Sadie needs is a bucket and sand and she's happy for about 45 minutes. It was wonderful having so many babysitters around so Chase and I could take the beach cruisers and escape for a while. All in all...it was a great trip.




6 comments:

*Leslie* said...

OK I am SOOO jealous. That looks like such a beautiful place and warm water is a huge bonus. I'm glad you all had lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Your family is dang cute ... can't I be an Etherington? At the ery least be part of the cute gene pool! Glad you had fun. Tell Chase "he-rro" for me!

Anonymous said...

I meant "very" not "ery" I really need to slow down and check for typos! Bugger.

Scott McMillan said...

The real questions I want to know about the beach are: were there attractive men in speedos playing platanca, topless women or two sister missionaries snapping photos of the scene. Looks like you had soo much fun. I am jealous. Check out our blog.

Darger Party of 3 said...

This looks like so much fun!! What gorgeous pictures? You guys look great. What a beautiful family! It looks like Sadie is getting some hair..she is getting so big. We miss you guys!

The Preece Family said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! I think we just found our spring break spot for next year. :)