The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, August 29, 2011

Spoiled!!

We were never bored in Utah which is saying a lot coming from being inside all day every day in Texas with this blasted heat. We have felt so spoiled not only to have so many fun people to hang out with but with so many fun places to go as well. We met up with Aunt Brooke and the kids at Hogle Zoo one day and gratefully Jess let me borrow her double stroller. I am always impressed with how much Hogle zoo has improved since I was a kid.
They had a great dinosaur exhibit that both intrigued and terrified some children. Sadie was fascinated and we searched all afternoon for the enormous T-Rex. We found him!
Jack was more on the terrified side and could only stare in disbelief at the enormity and terror the monster in front of him beheld.
The next day we met up with Jess and the kiddos at This is the Place Park which is another place I was totally impressed with. There was nothing there when I was a kid. They had train rides, and trolley tours, animals and pony rides.
The heat of the day started to get to me a little. Sometimes I have to remember I'm pregnant and take it easy.
The hills at hogle zoo really wore me out. I feel like when I'm pregnant my body totally rejects any form of exercise. I don't know how these women run and do their spinning classes when their 8 months prego. It's ridiculous. I'm only jealous, that's all.
Jess eventually took her kids home and I took mine over for a pony ride before we headed home ourselves. Of course we spotted an ice cream store and had to get one of those too.

They only had one size...BIG. I'm used to getting Sadie a kiddie cone. It took her FOREVER to finish this cone and she eventually had to throw the cone part away. It was too much for her. I never thought I would ever have to throw away extra ice cream when it came to Sadie.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love all the Pics! And I love your family picture. You look great!