The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Friday, January 11, 2013

Yeeehaaaaww!!


Texas ain't Texas without a hoedown every once in a while.  I was told to "dress the part" and decided you can't get more "western" than head-to-toe denim. 

We all drove out for some line dancing and had some Texas BBQ first (I was shunned for getting a quesadilla...it sounded WAY too good).

What we thought was line dancing ended up being a really loud cowboy attempting classic rock.  It was pretty good, but REALLY hard to dance to, so we checked out and headed to Buc-ees!

About a 1/4 mile of gas pumps.  Only in Texas.

The whole reason I'm posting about this ENORMOUS gas station is because not only is everything bigger in Texas but because it's so huge, their candy section was harboring a treat I have been searching for since 2003.

Ever since I left Spain I haven't been able to find my favorite licorice treats that they seem to only make for Spaniards.  I'd walk into every and any specialty candy store in hopes that they would carry this delicious Spanish treat I was totally addicted to while living there. 

I almost cried when I saw them.  I saw the massive isle of candy.  I wished, I hoped, and my dreams were realized!!!  The reaction of this picture from my mission buddies on FB was priceless.  I should send each of them a pack.  Hooray for Buc-ees.  Who wouldn't have thought I'd find them in Texas. 
 

No comments: