The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Friday, March 8, 2013

Date Night with my Lady


Sadie had a school play while Chase was out of town so I hired a babysitter and made a date out of it.  The play consisted of a bunch of off key first graders shouting out songs while a select few starlets danced on the stage.  Pretty typical, but so fun to see Sadie wave and grin at me from across the room. 
We went to TCBY afterwards and as we sat down with our ice cream I found that no matter how many interesting questions I asked Sadie, I couldn't get her full attention.  I was so frustrated because I rarely get alone time with her at home.  I realized that she was staring at a television behind me so I switched places with her in hopes that I could enthusiastically engage her in some conversation.  But then I noticed that there was another television behind that seat as well. I stopped for a moment and was astounded to find that there was not one corner of the establishment without a blaring television distracting my little girl from looking into my eyes.  Darn the media that's ever inundating our society!!  I guess we'll save the girl chats for "pillow talk" and leave the ice cream to bluebell.  You're fired TCBY!! 

No comments: