The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Just me and my George

Now that the older kids are at school all day, I get to spend my time hanging out with this little dude!  He's my buddy and we have so much fun together.  Whether we are rollerblading to the park, getting Buddy Bucks from HEB, taking scooter rides to see construction sites and "excabaders", or just playing with the trains in the play room, George and I have a blast! It's also great because for the first time in a while, I am able to have some "Abby time" when he takes his nap around 1:00.  I haven't had the chance for an afternoon nap in years.  It always seemed that once George went down for a nap, Jack was ready to party.  Now that he's at school, it's my time to party.  My "party" is usually me taking a much needed nap.  This pregnancy isn't that bad, but it still makes me pretty tired.  
Sometimes I can get George to snuggle with me.

This ridiculous face is what he makes when I ask him to show me his teeth. Big toothy grin!!

Sometimes I make him look like a pretty little girl because I'm so excited to have another baby girl soon....AND...because he looks so pretty!!

George loves his daily scooter rides.
He's also loving his little playgroup we set up this fall with all his favorite buddies.  These little guys get along so much better than any other group I've joined.  It's because there aren't any girls and because there are no little girls, there is ZERO drama.  Love it!!

One particular morning, we decided to hit the barber shop.   
Normally I cut the kid's hair, but we have ourselves a feisty one here.  He won't let me near him with a pair of scissors.  Don't know why he'll let a stranger.  
He looks so little in that big Great Clips chair.   
He was pretty good at first and then started getting REALLY mad when the hair started falling in his face.  Good thing the haircut was only about 5 minutes start to finish.  
Love my little dates with George even if they are somewhat unpleasant for him.  

Sometimes, even if I'm longing for a nap of my own, before I put this sleeping baby to sleep, I just stare at him.  Love those long eyelashes, and the sweet sound of his fingers in his mouth.  Sometimes, sleep, no matter how tired I am, can wait!

No comments: