The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

8 months

8 months y'all!!  
Liza is starting to resemble a cruiser and is no longer a squishy little baby.  It makes me sad.  I also panic that I will forget her tiny little face and her snuggly little naps on my chest.  I love seeing her master all these new tricks though.  She is full-on crawling at this point and will pull herself up to a standing position.  She can also climb the one step in our living room and get into the kitchen.  We can't contain her anymore! She's such a strong baby and because she's always exercising, she seems to be losing some baby fat too.   

She's also REALLY mastered the "scrunched nose, scary breathing" technique.  I love it and hate it at the same time.  I just can't get over how silly she looks.  This coming from the woman who wore Billy Bob teeth so often that she kept a pair in her purse.  


This one is just down right scary!! 

We were hoping to install some new carpet and floors because Eliza really took off crawling and we met the deadline!!  The crawling commenced the day we installed the new floors.  One look at that clean carpet and hardwood floors and she took off!  The old carpet was so disgusting we tried to keep her on a blanket but it was getting harder and harder to contain her on such a small square.  I'm pretty sure the old carpet had fleas.  It itched my legs and gave me red bumps. Lets not forget to mention the insatiable amount of hair stuck in that shag carpet.  If Liza's hands reached past that square blanket, we were most certainly having to clean hair out of her tiny fists.  It was awful.   I couldn't stand to have her crawling on that. We kept putting off the remodel with the pregnancy, and "new baby" excuse.  But it seemed we were forced into it.  Our tile was cracking and that was also dangerous.  Remodeling with a baby is awful, and I don't recommend it, but the results are so fun.  We are loving our new floors and painted walls! 

Despite the crazy summer heat, we still venture out on walks.  I had a particularly sweaty morning walking with Emily Meldrum and we couldn't help but laugh at the soaked brim Red Sox hat.  Liza thought it was funny too!  In the summer, this hat and me are pretty much inseparable.  Kind of like my fuzzy robe in the winter.  Are you loving my new while walls?  No more beige!!

Liza loves the bright walls too.  It's so nice to not have to turn the lights on during the day.  The darker walls really put a damper on all our moods.

She is loving the new carpet too.  It's not as soft as we thought it would be, but at least it's clean!
She's NOT loving these new front teeth that are coming in.  Poor thing.  Just looking at those swollen gums breaks my heart for her.  I'm also really sad she won't have that gummy smile anymore.  It really makes a baby look so much older when she has teeth.  She's sleeping through the night for the most part but occasionally will wake up at 4.  This is annoying but I really don't mind the extra snuggle time.  She also doesn't bite me during middle of the night feedings. She's still biting me while she eats and it's really become a problem.  I don't want to skip a feeding because she's biting me and she's not getting as much milk as she used to.  I've tried pumping instead and it's just not the same.  I REALLY hope she's not weaning herself like George did at 9 months!

She hasn't decided if she likes the swing or not.  She'll smile pretty big, but doesn't like going too high.  Look at that tiny little thing in that big swing.  Oh, I LOVE her!!


We're off to the beach with the Etheringtons. We had to wake up at 5 a.m. for the flight so naps were necessary!

No comments: