The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Mimi and Grandpa!

I love picking these two up from the airport every December 26th.  Them coming to Austin every year makes it so much easier to be away from family for the holidays. I had to snag a photo of them waiting for me at Pickup H.  Their heads were perfectly positioned in-between these two cars.    

They didn't seem to mind of disaster of a home either and made themselves quite comfortable.  Of course it was 80 degrees the day they got here and it dropped to 50 for the duration of their stay.  It always happens.  This wouldn't have been too bad if we didn't have drafts coming through the ceilings.  It got pretty chilly!!
Jack got a new suit from Mimi for church.  He looked so ridiculously handsome, I almost kissed his face off!  Grandpa helped him with his first real tie.  He's been a clip-on guy up until now.  

Seriously handsome little dude!

George slept through most of church and I think this is the only picture I took of Eliza in her sweet little Christmas dress from Mimi.  She looked adorable!




Family circus.  I learned from the best!

Notice the need to wear coats inside.  I love that we didn't move out even with our house the way it was.  Like stubborn creatures of habit we weren't about to leave our marked territory without a fight!!


We stayed warm by blasting the thermostat and wearing all our fuzziest clothing until we were forced to move out January 1st.
After Mimi and Grandpa departed we geared up for the move by only thinking about the peril involved and celebrated New Years as procrastinators.  

Most of us lasted until about 10 p.m. 

Instagram highlighted all of my most liked pictures from 2015. They all involve our little Liza.  She was definitely the highlight and quite possibly the only one from such a ridiculously tumultuous year.  I'm excited for 2016.  BRING IT ON!!

No comments: