The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Friday, January 15, 2016

Construction Party


When Amazon started sending us the decorations and party favors before the big day, George started getting even more excited to party with his friends.  He "tested" all  their favors to make sure they weren't broken.  What a thoughtful host! 
He was especially excited about his construction cake!!  Costco cake, trucks from Target and Oreo crumbs made this the easiest cake to make ever! 

We were really hoping for great weather so we wouldn't have to host all those kids in the Gordon's pristine home.  Lucky for us it was beautiful outside at the Wildflower park! 

Love this little guy so much!!  I've never seen a little boy love trucks more than he does! 
Everyone went home with a hard hat, stickers and a lunch box full of two trucks.  I love and hate amazon.  They made this party so easy to throw but are tanking so many small businesses!  It's just so dang easy to push that button and have goods at your door the next day!


Boys and construction trucks.  I'll never forget seeing all the Spaniard men perched outside construction zones on my mission.  We'd see them there in the morning when we left the apartment and they were still there when we got home.  It's not just an American thing.  Boys love trucks!


I was so happy we had most of the park all to ourselves.  It was a great little party! 



George and his buddies. 







George's friends gave him some pretty awesome gifts.  Birthdays are the best!!



We celebrated all weekend long!  A hike in Barton Creek and dinner at Jack Allen's complete with a chocolate bomb!



And on his actual birthday we celebrated some more with candles in his morning waffles.  His new garbage monster truck had to participate too.  


More candles for the rest of that gigantic Costco cake from his party.  We ended up throwing half of it away!


Happy Birthday to my little Georgie Porge.  I can't believe he's already 4! He'll always be my squishy little butterball swaddled up and asleep in my arms.  He's 4 and growing, bu that baby asleep on my chest is how I'll always remember him.  

No comments: