The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's about time!!


I've been giving some of my friends grief for not updating their blogs and here I am like a month overdue. Here we are!! We made it to D.C. and are already having a great time. Fortunately we already have a lot of friends and family out here so we feel right at home. Chase's brother and sister both live here with their families and my good friend from the college days (Jess Gardner)lives here with her husband who I actually went to high school with (John Gardner). The best part is they have a daughter who is two weeks younger than Sadie and they are already best buds.



They are in the process of learning how to share and are doing exceptionally well. Look at those cute little bellies. When we finally found an apartment we realized that we are in the same ward as the Mecham's and the Gardner's. It's a small world when you're a Mormon. We've been so busy getting settled that we haven't really toured the city yet but that will be this weekend. We're excited to show Sadie our nation's capitol!!

The Trip

Traveling to D.C. was actually really fun. We drove to Utah from San Diego and didn't arrive until 4 a.m. that Saturday morning. We hit a small bit of traffic through southern California and had to get a little creative to avoid going crazy with impatience. Anyone who has experienced "SoCal" traffic understands. Sadie was asleep so we decided to just keep on driving. She was such a great little traveler.



We didn't have to turn on a movie once!! At every pit stop she turned into a regular tornado and went ballistic in Chevron pulling things off the shelf and putting them back. I think she was just excited to be walking around.





Old Friends
Once we got to Utah we had a fabulous time hanging out with family and old friends. The best was being able to see our old buddies from San Diego that have moved back to Utah. We had a delicious little BBQ at the Poelman's new home and reunited with them, the Draney's, the Green's and the McDowell's. It was fun catching up with them and seeing how much all the kids have grown.













The Weber

Before Chase drove the rest of the way to D.C., we went up Weber Canyon to spend a day at our favorite place..the cabin. It was a day filled with throwing rocks in the river, feeding horses and hiking up to see the waterfalls.



The best part was when we got to a bridge, there was a HUGE bull moose standing in the water, not too far away. We didn't really know what to do. We weren't sure if it was going to charge or not but we decided to take some pictures anyway. Such safe parents we are! Sadie's first moose sighting!! As you can see she was pretty excited.




Daddy daughter hike..with Chad too:-)

My dad took my siblings and me up to the Uintas for a beautiful hike. We left Sadie home with CC and Pops (she wasn't complaining...she loves them!!) and explored the lakes and played log tag. Even when it rained it was still fun because we are such a lively bunch.















Thank goodness for baby wipes
I flew out the next day to D.C. and other than the incident when a woman behind me threw up all over my neck and hair, it was actually a very pleasant trip. It felt like someone opened a coke can after shaking it up a bit. I looked behind me and this woman had her hands cupped over her mouth and then ran to the bathroom. Those of you who know me well probably would think that this type of situation would throw me over the edge. However, all I really cared about was that it didn't touch Sadie. I took a long shower when I arrived in D.C. It was pretty nasty though. The lady had pretty good aim. She reached my tray table all the way back from her seat!! Fun stuff. Sadie was a dream. She played the whole time and took a little nap. I really don't mind flying with her. She's a pretty good buddy to hang out with.

As for Sadie, there is quite an update. She is talking like crazy. In Utah she learned how to say Grandpa, thank you, please, and will pretty much mimic any words I say as long as they aren't too complicated. The cutest thing was how every time she saw my parent's cat she would go up to him waving and say "hi kitty." So, so cute!! The cat didn't care for her and hissed like crazy but it just made her love him more. Poor Walter. My sister Lizzie will be pleased to know that she has learned to say her name because Jess and John's little girl's name is Lizzy. Seeing that she sees her just about every day, she's learned the name pretty well.

9 comments:

Eric, Emilee, MaryElizabeth, Clara, and Andrew. said...

Abby and Chase! So excited to find your blog! It's Emilee Neff Morgan. Sadie has gotten so big, she is sooo cute! I love reading your adventures! Hope all is well. I am stoked to be able to add you to the link list! How long will you be in D.C.? What a great place!

Darger Party of 3 said...

Cannons we miss you!! We are also so excited for this new adventure and love the update. So Sadie lady is talking...how cute. As of last night 9/11/07 Peterson is walking. He loves it and is so proud of himself when he does it. Can't wait to hear more. Peterson misses Sadie.

Lindsey Jefferies said...

Hi guys! Thanks for the update. We have been missing you guys but it looks like you are enjoying DC. San Diego isn't the same without the Cannons!! Such cute pictures! I'm jealous you got to hang with the old San Diego gang. Everyone looks so good and has really cute kids!!

Muranda said...

Way to rock the Chio sweatshirt! was literally laughing out loud when I read that some lady had thrown up all over you! That is classic. Nasty, but classic!

The Preece Family said...

Hi guys! This is the Preeces...we're excited you live closer to us now! We'll have to get together the next time we venture on down to D.C. with the Gardners. Oh, and if you ever find yourselves up in Baltimore - give us a call! :) Cute pics - Sadie is darling! PS - nice story about your plane ride!! Can you imagine how that lady feels?

Carrie said...

Chase, Abby, & Sadie--Glad you made it safely across the country! Enjoy your adventure there. It was so good to see you guys at the beach and in SLC. Sorry about the disgusting plane incident . . . my biggest fear on planes is BEING that queasy lady, so the first thing I always find as soon as I'm in my seat is the trusty little white bag! Guess she didn't get the memo about the little white bag?
Love you guys, Cousin Carrie

J-me Boyce said...

Looks like you guys are having fun and had a fun trip out! We miss you - I can't wait to hear little miss chatterbox!
That pic with all the ex's is awesome! How fun!

A Resh Perspective said...

J-e-f-f-"e"-r-i-e-s

*Leslie* said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time in SLC and I'm totally jealous that you get to be in DC! You'll have to tell Jess and John Gardner that Dave and I say hi! Also, I grew up across the street from Scott Poelman..small world. The throw-up story grossed me out. I'm sorry that happened. You're a trooper. I would've thrown up right then, if that happened to me.