The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hot and Cold

I remember calling my mom in tears after Jack was born because Sadie was so upset about having to share me with another baby. She turned from a Sadie Lady to a Sadie Monster!! My mom told me that I needed to remember that in the long run, I was doing the best thing for Sadie by bringing Jack into the home.

We are finally experiencing the "long run." Sadie and Jack get along like peas and carrots. That's not to say they don't have their off moments.

Time-out chairs are used frequently around here when they hit or fight with one another. Sadie just festers and boils in her seat while Jack puts his head down but looks up with an angry white eyed glare. It's almost worth time-out to see him make that face. At first it was all Sadie's doing. Over the years she has constantly pestered and bothered Jack. Little did she know (actually I did warn her) that he would learn her tricks of the trade.

Every once in a while I'll see him come sit next to her while she's coloring and place a finger on her paper, just to bother her. And bother her it does!! He can be a real tease too sometimes.

He's also learned to "swipe" toys from her like she has always done with him in the past. They both know that if a toy is fought over I usually throw it away or put it up really high for a couple of days. With this plan of action in place, the fighting has lessened but I don't think will ever disappear completely.

Chase and I are still can't believe that they will go upstairs together and play in the play room for at least an hour. They also love to play in the front driveway together pushing around their leap frog carts. It makes me so happy when I see her helping him get strapped in his swing so she can push him.


Jack adores Sadie and always asks where she is when she's at school. She's usually the one to go upstairs and get him out of his crib (very ungracefully I might add...he's heavy!!) after his afternoon nap. They can't wait for their happy reunion.

The other day we found a lizard in the office. It was the first one I've found in the house and it scared me to death. Luckily Chase was home so he could rescue us all for the terrifying creature lurking in the windowsill. Once captured, Sadie and Jack took turns holding "lizzie." After the hype wore off, there weren't as many complaints about who got to hold her longer.

No comments: