The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Seven is Heaven

Prior to this year, the number seven has only ever meant one thing: ELWAY! I love that orange jersey (and yes the old uniforms are way cooler than the new ones). Growing up, number seven was a highlight reel, leading the Donks to 34 fourth-quarter comebacks, throwing for 300 touchdowns, and helicoptering towards two Super Bowl trophies. I've always loved number seven.
2012 brings a new Number Seven into my life though: MY SEVENTH ANNIVERSARY WITH TOOTS! I love that brown-haired, green-eyed, luscious-lipped woman. In our seven years of marriage, there have been many highlights. Most often, though, Toots has been the one leading me by example, cheering me on in my accomplishments, and making life exhilirating. I've always loved Toots, and I've loved our seven years together.
In honor of the great number seven, here are seven times seven reasons that I love my Toots!
#1: She's an icon of style (even when she's pregnant)--I mean, check out that Christmas sweater and those red and white polka dot socks!
#2: She knows how to knit; and knits the best baby hats ever.
#3: She fills out a bracket for March Madness (and usually beats me).
#4: She makes delicious chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies.
#5: She dances all crazy-like (even when she's pregnant)!
#6: She knows how to decorate my office and make it look all professional and stuff.
#7: She likes Austin, just like me.
#8: She's sophisticated, and shows it by driving a Volvo.
#9: She makes friends everywhere she goes.
#10: She eats healthy foods and makes me eat 'em too!
#11: But she still buys me Mexican Coke stashes for Christmas.

#12: She likes canoeing on Town Lake.
#13: She serenades me with her B-E-A-UTIFUL voice, and sometimes even in Spanish!
#14: She watches three, yup, three kiddos all day!
#15: She has a perfect smile: She could be the Twizzlers "Makes Mouths Happy" mouth, since she has perfect lips, smile, and teeth.
#16: She makes the most delicious vegetable lasagna and a quiche that even a manly man like me will desire.

#17: She can cut a mean snowflake! Seriously, though, every holiday is a blast: house decorations, activities and surprises for Sadie, Jack and George, and treats galore!
#18: She is intensely passionate, and not afraid to show or share her feelings.
#19: She hates barking dogs, and is not afraid to tell the owners they suck.
#20: She can play cards with her toes!
#21: Susan Harris (The Firm) is her workout idol, and she swears following her is the only way to get in shape.

#22: She looks hot in a straw hat.
#23: She craves waterskiing, same as I.
#24: She likes Torchy's, P.Terry's, and Chuy's (all fantastic Austin restaurants).
#25: She enjoys hiking and backpacking, and isn't afraid to take the kids along for the ride.
#26: She has an insatiable desire to photograph every moment of Sadie, Jack, and George's life!
#27: And she is an incredible photographer, despite never having had a lesson or class on it.
#28: She finds amazing bargains on craigslist, including our dinner table and chairs, which she found for $100. She has also found our armoire, several decorative chairs, our kids' play table and chairs, the microwave, baby and Sadie's furniture, and many other knick knacks.

#29: She looks hot in short or long hair, and does not need no stinkin' makeup to do so.
#30: She buys me new clothes, including my new favorite shoes: sperry topsider boat shoes.
#31: She will watch the Utes with me (well, at least sometimes).
#32: She puts up with my crap (well, at least most of the time). Seriously, though, she puts up with my forgetfulness, arrogance, silliness, slobiness, stupidness, and my insatiable desire to watch and follow sporting events.
#33: She bought me my own body pillow.
#34: She loves to go on walks in the neighborhood, and likes to discuss the architecture and landscape of each house along the way. Someday I'm going to buy her a house--and she's going to have a blast making it her own...

#35: She makes Halloween costumes for the kids! Can you believe these? They are ridiculously cute and cool, and of course perfect for Texas! I am incredibly impressed with her talents and mad skills. It helps that she has darlin' kids to model her creations!
#36: She loves chillin' in her beach chair, whether it's in on the driveway (watchin' the kids play on their buses), in the backyard (watchin' the kids play in the sandbox), or actually at the beach (watchin' the kids run in the surf).
#37: She loves classical music.
#38: She plays classical music, and is my cohort on cello/piano ensembles.
#39: Her "What's Up Pussycat--whoa whoa!" dance is very silly, and makes me laugh every time.
#40: She will always be the best at Pounce (that's the cardgame that her family plays).
#41: She makes leprechaun footprints and green pancakes for St. Patty's Day.
#42: She puts love notes in Sadie's lunchbox every day.
#43: She kicked her Afrin addiction just by giving birth.
#44: She has a special place in her tolerance level for Jack--since he's her "little Chase".
#45: She would win American's Next Top Model, if she ever tried out. She would also win American Idol, if she would ever try out.
#46: She gets more joy out of watching the kids eat treats (ice cream for Sadie, marshmallows for Jack), then I think I got out of watching the Red Sox win the World Series. She is seriously so in tune with and so in love with our preciouses.
#47: She wants to backpack through Europe one day. And we will--probably around our 30th Annniversary--but it is on our calendar.

#48: She wants to be a lounge singer one day.
AND #49: She gave me these three little butt nuggets:


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TOOTS!! SEVEN REALLY IS HEAVEN!

3 comments:

Jill T said...

Congrats on 7 years! I enjoyed reading this post and thought it was super cute :)

*Leslie* said...

Cute ode to Abby, what a sweet couple you are. Congrats on the new little one too!

Lindsey Jefferies said...

Oh Chase you little romantic you! Loved this post and LOVE you guys.