The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, September 17, 2012

8 months


8 months and still as squishy as ever.  We love our little George.  I took these pictures without the help of Chase so there won't be any smiles from Mr.Stone Face this time around.  He and Sadie are starting to remind me more and more of each other as time goes on.  I've noticed the same inquisitive look in both their expressions.  I often feel like George can see right through me. He's been pretty grumpy this month which I attribute to teething.  Too bad  (for us all) he's got about 20 more teeth to go. 

He is by far our most independent child.  He learned to crawl earlier than the other two and seems to want free reign on the house as of late.  He gets very angry when I take a toy away from him and now that he's a crawling machine I am constantly taking objects away from him or fishing them out of his mouth.

One thing I am always guaranteed to find in his fists is at least one hair curled up between his fingers.  It drives me absolutely NUTS.  No matter how much I vacuum there is always a way for George's velcro hands to somehow grab a few hairs in his sweaty, sticky fingers.  It's disgusting!!  After cleaning hairs out of his hands ten times daily I've resolved to never have carpet in my house again (if I can help it).  If I had it my way the whole home would be hardwood with a few rugs.  I remember being shocked as a missionary when I discovered that very few Spaniards had carpet in their homes.  I now know why...because it's disgusting.  It harbors all sorts of nasty things within its snare. 
 

Along with crawling, he is pulling himself up to taller objects.  One night he totally entertained Chase and me by bobbing his head above and below our ottoman.  Every time his head would surface we'd get a huge smile from our "two toothed" scallywag.  Also loves to climb stairs.  I had no idea he was so good at it until I heard him fall a few steps and realized I needed to watch his every move from now on.  So curious!

He's also a champ at sitting up.  He's been doing it for a while now but he's not even a bit wobbly anymore. 

He and Jack have officially become my walking buddies.  I can count on G getting a pretty good nap when I go out on a walk with the ladies in the morning.  He and Jack are both so content to just sit and watch their beautiful surroundings.  And because he can hold a bottle on his own, if he ever does get fussy, I just let him drink his troubles away:-)  He also LOVES Jack.  He smiles BIG whenever he comes near and giggles when Jack comes and peeks in on him in his pack n'play. 

I'm still nursing him but it's becoming more and more difficult.  He never wants to stay latched on for very long and is VERY impatient waiting for the milk to come down.  It's gotten to the point where I only feed him early in the morning and at night when he's asleep so he'll sit still.  I pump during the day and he gets bottles.  This is where the whole "most independent" kid comes in.  He's also the first to wean himself at such a young age.  He is FAR more interested in what's going on around him.  I got sick of jiggling necklaces or letting him pull my hair to keep him nursing.  The pump has become a very close friend. 

Here he is after a "sleep feed" before Chase and I go to bed too.

He'll pull himself up onto anything these days.
 

Still best buds with Miles Darger.  He loves to grab his face and poke him in the eyes.  Miles has totally surpassed him in height and weight.  G wouldn't be a Cannon if he wasn't little and petite. Weighed in at 16.10 pounds at his weight check.  Still 8th percentile.  Little but FAST!
 
 
Still loves his fingers especially at nap time.

Growing up like a weed before our eyes.  Says "da da" and "ba ba."  Still waiting to hear  "ma ma" and actually have him know what it means.  Such a fun baby and so loved.  He's a little flirt with everyone at the grocery store and we all can't get enough of his little smiles and baby conversations. 

No comments: