The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, November 24, 2012

REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE!!


Take a look at this dishwasher.  This is usually how I load it at my house.  This one in particular I am very proud of.  I had never loaded so much before.  I remember when the Cannon's came out for Thanksgiving last year I had to keep turning off the dishwasher because I would find that there was only a few plates, half the basket filled with utensils and hardly any cups on top.  I told Connie and Jim that I could easily fit a TON more into the dishwasher before turning it on.  I showed her something similar to above and she responded "don't you think it's a bit cluttered?"  She was absolutely right.  Totally cluttered!! But think of how much water I am saving by not having to run the washer twice.
I have totally turned into my Dad.  He says that conservatives drive him crazy because technically (and environmentally) they don't "conserve a damn thing" (in his own words).  This comes from the man who uses a push lawn mower.  The dad who would make us use the toilet paper from the trees after being tee-peed.  Our home was never above 69 degrees in the winter and never below 80 in the summer.  He doesn't call himself a democrat but he's committed pretty much to the left side of things.  I just like to save money on my water bill:-)
 
 

No comments: