The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, June 14, 2015

4 months of Eliza Jane

This little lady is 4 months old!  This month she decided to start gabbing and blowing raspberries.  It's truly the cutest sound in the world when I'm driving around and can hear her sweet little lips spitting behind my seat.  Makes me want to pull over the car and get back there for a wet sloppy kiss.  I love her lips!!

George is still super sweet with her and has never done anything to hurt her.  Jack was really sweet to George when he was born too.  This must be a big brother thing (unless you're my big brother), because Sadie was anything but nice to Jack when we brought him home from the hospital. 


She's still sleeping in her little rock n' play but still waking up during the night from time to time. She's sleeps from 9-5 most nights but will sometimes give me another 3 am wake up call.  I don't mind if she wakes up at 5 because it's still dark and I can usually put her back to sleep. If I can get back to sleep then Chase takes the kids to school and I wake up with George and Eliza around 8 or 9.  It almost feels like "sleeping in." Lets be honest.  Those days are loooooong gone!


Such a round, delightful little morsel.  

She rolled from front to back pretty early on but then stopped doing it completely.  This month she's started rolling from back to front which I think is kind of silly, because that's supposed to be the harder one.  She rolls back to front way more often than the other way around.  


She's getting so long that none of her newborn pajamas fit her anymore.  I had to take a picture of her next to one of the first tiny outfits she ever wore.  So much bigger!!


All we do is nurse and sleep all day.  At night when the other kids are in bed we bring her out for one last feeding while we watch a little television.  She sleeps through the whole thing and it buys me a little extra sleep that night!


She's pretty good at falling asleep wherever we take her.  Date nights are pretty easy for us too.  She either sleeps in her car seat while we eat or on Daddy's lap.  


I know I'm going to miss this narcoleptic stage.  She's just so dreamy and I love staring at her and those sweet little eyelashes.  



If we waited around for Liza to wake up from a nap to go somewhere, we'd never leave the house! So she sleeps along the way when we go to the outdoor Austin Symphony or the pool in Circle C.  

But then after all that sleeping, she wants to party until midnight with Mom and Dad!

Avery and Sadie love hanging with Eliza after school.  It's like having a real live baby doll that you can dress and bathe!


I'm pretty sure a baby in jeggings with teeny tiny back pockets is the cutest thing next to fluffy bunnies!


Liza's been holding her own hands and can take out her binky by herself. She's also pretty good at putting it back in.  She also loves to grab her feet and rolls back and forth.  We can get her to sit up for very short periods before she slumps and falls over but we can see she's getting stronger every day.  

In addition to sucking on her binky which she's finally learned to love (thank heavens!!), she likes to suck on her tongue and lips too. It makes for a very silly face indeed!



We go walking every Tuesday morning either at Town Lake or around Circle C with my buddies and their kids.  She and Emily are becoming fast little friends!!


I'm slightly obsessed.  Can you tell and can you blame me?  Look at that deliciousness right there!


I must have been insane (or looked it) when I took all the kids to Great Clips for summer haircuts.  The boys were growing mullets.  It was time.  Eliza just chilled in her little car seat and was so patient waiting for her siblings.  I still laugh about when I was ever scared to take Sadie as a baby anywhere.  It was such an event.!  Now I take 4 kids to the store (although not very often because going by myself after Dad comes home is SOOOOO much nicer!), to the park, and anywhere else we have to be and it's really not too bad!!  Eliza's not the only one growing here! Mama's not scared of leaving the house with kids in tow anymore!




I had to do it!  Such a silly bathing suit.  It offered little to zero coverage from the sun, but those ruffles!!  Circle C pool didn't know what hit them when all this cuteness got out of her car seat!


OH MY HEAVENS!!!

I guess Moms that don't have time to be tan or put on sunblock anymore think alike.  Love seeing Jenny and baby Vesper at the pool.  We basically live there during the summer! 
We also got to see our other Cannons from Virginia this month when they drove down from Houston. They moved there this year so now we have even more Cannons living in Texas.  Look at these babies.  Alexandria is on her 5th and 4th son.  She named him Charlie.  Jack AND George were both almost a Charlie.  Still a little sad we didn't use the name but I'm glad Alexandra did.  He's a perfect little Charlie!


No comments: