The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, November 14, 2015

9 Month Adventures

It's official!  She's been outside of the womb as long as she was inside.  Happy 9 months baby girl!! Liza had quite an eventful month.  Lots of firsts.  First trip to the beach, first Halloween, and even her first stomach bug.  An adventure for us all! 
I made the mistake of taking her 9 month pictures right after a shower so her eyes are still a little red.  She's still pretty cute, even with watery, red eyes! 
You can really see her new teeth in these pictures.  She looks so much older now!! 

Liza loved her first trip to the beach.  She thought she could eat the sand, but quickly learned that wasn't the best idea.  We kept her in this mini pool as much as we could to avoid the whole ingestion of sand thing.  She wasn't a big fan of being fenced in at all! 

She much preferred crawling around and finding objects in the sand.   



I just LOOOOOVE babies on the beach!! 


Sandy "sugar coated" toes are my absolute favorite!

Aunt Jane was especially attentive to Eliza. Such cute little buddies! 
Brooke took our family pictures while we were there.  I love this one of Eliza and me.  Her bright little face warms my heart!


Our flight home wasn't as eventful as the flight to Florida.  George vomited on the way out and the kids started dropping like flies every day that we were there.  We made the best of the situation and were pretty grateful Eliza didn't get sick while we were there.  In fact, she had been waking up every night while we were there, but the one night I threw up, she miraculously slept on through.  Wonders and miracles, I tell ya!  She must have sensed how 
much rest her mommy needed. 
We had a few days with everyone feeling better and then Eliza caught the bug too.  In fact, the bug went through Sadie again!  NOT COOL!! There aren't many things worse than watching your tiny baby vomit.  I went to get her from a nap and noticed her whole crib was saturated.  We put her in the shower and she vomited in there too.  But after that, she was OK.  She kept down her breast milk and got better within a day.  It still made me really sad to see her so sick.
 
It also made me sad to see her in so much pain from her front teeth coming in.  One cut through but there were three more on the way.  Teething is the worst!! 
But despite her pain from teething, she's still such a happy, smiley baby.  She loves to swing at the playground or in our front yard.  We got an amazing video of her laughing hysterically at George swinging by her in our back yard.  She's such a joy!!  


Eliza's the best!!  I'm one of those mothers that thinks her baby is the cutest one on the freaking planet.  So I entered her into a contest to be the next Gerber Baby.  Lots of people had told e they thought she looked like the Gerber Baby so when the contest showed up on my Instagram feed, how could I resist? Turns out her picture was disqualified because I entered her middle name.  You can only list first names for privacy protection reasons.  Well, their loss.  They could have had the CUTEST Gerber Baby to date!  

Halloween was a blast with this show stopper!!   Seriously.  I just couldn't even handle the cuteness and went completely nuts with the camera.   

The farmers and their little baby chick! 

She just looks so plump and delicious!! 
We all wanted a turn holding her! 

Cutest sisters ever!! 
She's climbing everything and standing up wherever there's something to hold on to. Crawling has become completely mastered and she's fast!! She's also suuuuuper wiggly and needs to be playing with something if we want to feed her in the high chair.  Just like her siblings.  Another hard baby to feed! 
Lately she's been gabbing too! Lots of "da da. ma ma, and a bah bahs."  I've even had her repeat "nigh nigh" when I say it to her as I'm putting her down for a nap.   
She still bites me while nursing but only when she seems over tired.  When I put her down for a nap, she'll hum with me and put her little head on my chest.  She loves sleeping with her binky and bah.  
 9 months of pure joy!  I wish I could freeze time!

No comments: