The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Friday, March 31, 2006

8 Months


Well Chase and I are finally done with the "construction and design" of our new little nursery.  We're really quite proud of it considering we had very little to work with.  Surprisingly, Chase has quite an eye for design and helped out a ton.  We love it so much we like to just sit in there and look around.  We still can't believe we are going to be parents in about a month.  So hooray for us!  Happy days!! I hate putting pictures of me on here and don't think there will be anymore until I'm back to "normal," not pregnant that is.  Pictures are just too unbearable to look at when you've gained 35 pounds.



We decided we didn't want to go the pink route and went for all the colors of the rainbow with an emphasis on red.  I'm just sick of seeing so much pink.  I also made her a blanket.  Look at me...I've become all domestic.  Up close you can tell that it's VERY homemade, but I'm proud of myself nonetheless.  You can just call me Martha Stewart if you please.  The one I made is the ugly one I am sleeping with.


Chase really got into the whole construction of the nursery and had many pointers.  I was surprised to find that he even had an opinion.  I was looking at strollers on eBay and he put his foot down and said "Sadie is not going to have a stroller with some other babies spit all over it."  Well, they're a heck of a whole lot cheaper!  That's for sure.  I just think it's cute how protective he already is of his little girl.  How exciting.  We are going to parents in one month!!!! 



I am just about ready to give birth.  I don't care how scary or painful it's going to be...I'M READY!!!  BRING IT ON!!!  I am sooooo sick of being pregnant.  No one told me I was going to be this uncomfortable, and if they did I either don't remember, or didn't believe them.  Chase and I feel totally prepared for her arrival, despite the fact that we still haven't taken a tour of the hospital or found a pediatrician.  I have looked under our insurance and there are about a billion doctors to choose from.  How on earth can I make this decision?  I don't want to go around interviewing doctors.  Oh well.  I'm sure everything will fall into place.  Hopefully. 
 
Lately I have felt like a gorilla.  It was the funniest thing.  I was sitting on a low stool and had my arms hanging down between my legs.  Chase and I started laughing because I looked like a gorilla the way I was sitting with my HUGE belly.  We both think this state of obesity is hilarious.  I weigh more than him now.  It's great.  It doesn't help that he keeps running these triathalons and getting all muscular. 
 
 


Chase and I have been trying to get out a lot more because we have heard how hard it is to get out when you have a baby.  Yesterday we went to the beach and just sat on a blanket for a couple of hours until the sun set.  It was pretty amazing.  I totally recommend it.  Did you know our anniversary was last week?  How hilarious is that that I am almost 9 months pregnant and having my first anniversary?  Oh well.  We LOVE surprises. 

No comments: