The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, May 21, 2006

She's home!


I have finally come out of my cave. It's been a hectic week and wonderful at the same time. Sadie ended up coming right in the middle of finals at USD. Chase studied in the hospital room and then took off to the library once my parents and Em arrived. As long as someone was there I didn't worry if he left for a while. I'm still scared to be alone with a new baby.

We still can't believe they let us take her home with us. With him studying all night at the hospital I was on Sadie duty most of the time. By the time we were ready to go home they sent a social worker to my room after a breakdown in one of the Baby at Home classes. I was crying because I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open and I was so sore I couldn't get out of my chair. Back in my room (after some serious feet shuffling) I had finally fallen asleep and Chase told her I wasn't depressed, just tired and if anyone else woke me up I would probably lose it! Why do people keep coming in my room!!

Chase and I were talking about the fact that usually it takes a while to meet and come to love a person. In contrast, it's amazing how with a baby it takes less than a second to instantaneously fall in love with this new little person in your life. My heart is literally bursting!! I love this little girl so much!! She is such a little sweetheart and very well tempered (nothing like her mother) and is absolutely adorable. I wish all everyone could see her! Well I need to go feed her again so toodles for now.

No comments: