The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Make new friends, but cherish the old.


Well, we did it. We finally sold the Jeep. Chase just drove away with it to it's new home after we took several pictures of it and wept a couple of tears. The Jeep was so much more than just a car. It represented a chapter in our lives that is now over. We've had this car ever since we started dating in 2000 and it's been so good to us. So many memories. We are growing up. We are now thinking about what is safe instead of what looks cool or what drives the fastest. We are thinking about gas mileage instead of using the Cannon Sinclair card. If we weren't driving to D.C. this fall we would keep it forever. No more will we complain about the gas mileage. No more will we worry about the car blowing up with the A/C running full blast. No more will we bounce around on the freeway. But at the same time, no more will Sadie look through the back window at the cars behind her and giggle. No more drives up Lambs canyon to look at the stars. No more throwing the surf board in the back and whatever else will fit to go the the beach. No more bumper stickers and no more ski rack up Cottonwood Canyon. No more Jeep. I thought I would never say this because I have always hated the Jeep, but I am really going to miss it and miss seeing Chase look so hot in it. On to bigger and better things, like a sedan...oh..how exciting. At lease I have my Vespa when I feel like being wild and crazy again.

7 comments:

Morgan said...

We had to sell our Subaru just before we came out here and definitely shed a few tears. What are you guys going to be doing back here and where are you going to be living? Send me an meail at morganlyon@hotmail.com!

Muranda said...

Isn't funny how you get attached to cars? You make so many memories in cars that it is kinda hard to part with them. Many memories are to be made in your new sedan!!!!!

*Leslie* said...

How fun that you are going to DC...is it for Chase and school?

Sarah said...

Abby, I was happy to hear from you. What a cute little girl you guys have! I hope your move goes well, even without the jeep.

derrickfam said...

Hi Abby, I found you! Long time no see! I know how you feel about the jeep. Rocky and I had 2 cherokees since we've been married and they are great! Your little one is so dang cute.

Sarajane said...

Abby, fun to find your blog. Your Sadie is darling. What a fun city, D.C.- it was so fun when we were all out there together.

-Sarajane

Brandi said...

Sob!!! We seriously wept when we got the news. So sad. I can't believe you sold the Jeep. I will forever remember cruising around SD in it, listening to classical music for little Sadie's benefit. Good times. What are you replacing it with?