The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, June 18, 2007

A week with Mimi and Grandpa


We were fortunate enough to have lots of grandparent time this month. A week with Pops and CC on the East coast and a week with Grandpa and Mimi on the West. It was awesome to have my parents here. The only other time they have really been here was when Sadie was born and I was a little out of commission due to not being able to really walk that much. I was determined to show them the best of San Diego this time around. Unfortunately the day they got here, Sadie got sick. She must have caught a bug because the poor thing couldn't keep anything down. Although I think she was really enjoying not having to eat all her veggies and having Gatorade instead of water. My friend Dani told me about the "BRAT" diet where you feed a sick baby Bananas, Rice cereal, Applesauce, and Toast to help settle their stomach. This worked and she eventually got better a day later. She's really going to miss eating jello and having high fructose corn syrup in her sippy cup. At first I was a little frustrated that Sadie would get sick during the worst possible week but now that I look back it was the best time because with Chase working all day long, I would have have been home alone with Sadie and cleaning vomit all over the place with no one to help me. I was very grateful to have my parents there for support and for advice at the same time.

To make up for lost time we ran all over the place once she was feeling better. We went to La Jolla one day and shopped around on the main street out there. Sadie's favorite store was of course "Muttropolis" where she encountered a very friendly baby bulldog who loved her as much as she him. He licked her toes and she thought she had died and gone to heaven. It was hilarious. Mimi bought her a cell phone from Geppetos that looks extremely real and has been entertaining her ever since. We went on a hike in Torrey Pines and spent the rest of the day in Del Mar which is always fun. We also showed them the beautiful island of Coronado and walked on the beach for a while. It was a great trip and although their inflatable mattress deflated in the middle of the night, they seemed to have a great time hanging out with us but especially with Sadie Lady.
The highlight of the trip was seeing Mimi ride our little scooter. I didn't think I could ever get her on one of those things and she totally wanted to ride it. It was a very proud moment for all of us.
Grandpa took off one afternoon for hours exploring our surrounding with the wind rushing in his face. Knowing his views about the environment, I wouldn't be surprised if he purchased one himself so he could save a little more gas here and there. I love my parents!!!! I'm so glad they could come and see us!!!

4 comments:

Muranda said...

Abbie,
I just got your text and hopped right on your blog! I can not tell you how happy I am that you have a blog! Sadie is so darling. Does she look like Chase, or is it just me? My little guy is pretty much bald too, I love it!

I can not tell you how much I wish you guys lived here. The story of Chase hiding coke in the closet made me laugh so hard. I swear that he and Adam are two peas in a pod!

Muranda

*Leslie* said...

Hey Abby! I am so excited to get to see your little family on your blog. Sadie is so cute. What a sweetie! I am so glad I can see what you guys are up to. Tell Chase Hi too. I have such great memories with you too. Love ya, Leslie

Lindsay Romney said...

Hi Abby! I found your blog on Murandas', and then I saw that you have a link to mine! I love blogging because I get to see what everyone is up to. Your daughter is soooo cute! I hope you guys are well and happy. I'm going to add a link to your blog so I can continue to see how you are doing!

jenny said...

She is darling. We have girls the exact same age. Too bad we don't live close to each other. Great to keep in touch.