The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Estamos en camino!!!

On our way to San Diego we stopped in Utah for a few weeks to have some Utah lovin' and see some peeps. My parents were in Europe the majority of the time so we chaperoned Jane during her last few weeks of her Sophomore year. We had so much fun hanging out with her. We were there for her first date and barely missed seeing her picked up for Senior Prom. Chase was the "father figure" when her date came to get her. It was hilarious. He was "supposed" to give the kid a hard time, but was totally "Chaselike" and told him to have fun with Jane. I wonder what he'll be like when Sadie's fist date comes to get her. Here are some pics of Utah. Even though I had a NASTY cold while I was there, it's always fun to be in our home town.



Sadie looking at the airplanes in D.C. She loves traveling. I'll have you know that she didn't move a muscle the entire flight. I limit television for many reasons but one of the best reasons is because when she does get to watch a movie, she's totally into it. A lady sitting next to me on the plane leaned over to me and said.."I have never seen anything like that. What toddler sits still for a four hour flight?" It was a very proud moment. When the DVD battery died she got a little hyper but hey...I'm not complaining. I read my book the whole flight. It was wonderful!!!
Feeding the ducks at Garden Park Ward. So here's a funny story. There was a mother duck with about 8 little ducklings getting out of the water when a big male Mallard duck swooped down and started attacking her. Her little ducklings were wailing (if ducks can wail...but they were upset) and as she tried to get away from this brute I ran to grab a stick and proceeded to whack the guy as hard as I could. As Sadie was watching me she kept saying "be nice ducky, be nice." The mother duck got away and her little ones raced after her into a bush. All that after I fed that nasty little duck a whole bag of cheerios. He's not getting one more morsel from me. The hardest part was trying to explain to Sadie that we don't hit after she had just witnessed me brutally whacking a duck. Hey, I had to do something. Children were involved.
I met up with my good friend Jill at our favorite hires Restaurant. Sadie and Isabella had fun fighting over markers and other toys but got along just as we were about to leave. I love Jill. It was so good to hang out with her, even if it was for a short time.
I love my grandma. She came down from Logan to see Jane's dance concert and I invited her to go to the zoo with Sadie and me. (To all you D.C. people, you can get into Hogle Zoo and many other zoo's across the nation if you are a member of the national zoo. Pretty cool!!) I could seriously hang out with her all day. We had a grand time.
I also got together with one of my other really good friends, Leslie and her daughter Lucy. I am so lucky to have so many fun people to hang out with when I go to Utah. Lucy is hilarious (just like her mom) and she and Sadie got a long great. They ran around picking dandelions and sharing cheerios.

Sadie's first ice cream cone. I know she's a little old but believe me, I've tried to give her one before and she didn't want it. This time she was in heaven. Emigration market has good soft serve ice cream and you serve it yourself. My favorite!!
We went back to the zoo with Chase just so we could ride "Thomas" the train (Sadie's new obsession... literally).

3 comments:

Erin said...

what fun!! I'm happy you had such a great time. Moriah LOVES all the cute pics of Sadie.

Thanks for the smoothie recipe...it is a must try! Keep em coming. You should post pics of your great food. I'm doing it for a couple of reasons..one so that Moriah can appreciate all the yummy meals I made her ;) and to put them in the cookbook online that I am hoping to get done by the end of the year.

miss you all!

Erin said...

oh, and love the duck story! Ha, Ha! Go Mama!

j and k said...

So cute! I wish I could have visited with you! Miss you!