The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sadie's little pals

Even if Sadie has voiced concern over missing her friends in Virginia and Lizzy in Utah, she can't deny there are some pretty awesome ones here. We love all of Sadie's little buddies around here. Her CTR 4 class has 18 kids. The boys are "unplayable" of course, but that still leaves quite a few southern belles for Sadie lady.
I love listening to them in their imaginative voices when they have tea parties on the deck outside. I keep thinking they're calling me when they say "mom" but they're just taking turns being the mom and daughter. Here's their latest dialogue:
"Can I have a sleepover Mom", "not tonight Honey."
"mom, come quick I'm turning into a mermaid." "oh daughter, I'm changing into a mermaid too."
"Mother, I've lost my glass slipper." "oh no, where could it be?"
These phrases are all in high pitched tones because everyone knows that's what moms sound like.

No comments: