The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Lime Lights

In Virginia we always signed Sadie up for the Tiny Tutu's class at the rec center. It was just for fun. When we got to Texas I was graciously informed about a ballet class which had a lot of girls from the ward participating as well. What a great way for her to meet and make some friends! Little did I know how intense it would get at the end.
Apparently football is REALLY big in Texas for the boys and ballet is equally as big for the girls. I saw a lot of stressed moms and couldn't get over all the fees attached to seeing my child perform for 2 minutes on stage. With class pictures, costume fees, tight fees, participation fees, along with the month's tuition I might as well have signed her up for private school that month. I'm starting to figure out how much money my parents spent on us four girls. My goodness!

It was really fun watching her perform and seeing her confident little tike shine on stage. I was so proud of her for not being scared and for doing her best to smile. This was her first performance on stage and we were very impressed with how natural she seemed.
I also love that she's the shortest one in her class. It makes her seem younger to me. With her entering kindergarten and Mom feeling all emotional and nostalgic, the shorter she seems, the better for me!












1 comment:

Jill T said...

Cute cute Sadie. She is such a pretty little girl.