The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo


I love Spanish anything but for some reason have never truly celebrated Cinco de Mayo.  It's another holiday that I often overlook but this year we got our maraca groove on, our tress leches baked and our salsa music playing.   

I whipped out my Spanish apron that I bought in Benidorm, made Jack wear his Muy Guapo shirt ( it was a fight to get Lightning McQueen off) and was even asked to bless the food in Spanish.  I hadn't prayed in Spanish for probably 10 years.  Pretty intimidating I tell ya!
 

The Lunts made an indestructible pinata so all the kids got their fill of whacking the heck out of it.

Sadie's decided after spending the entire time on their zip line that we need one for our backyard too.  We had such a fun time listening to some Mana, eating delicious food and gabbing with friends.  I think this is a holiday worth remembering for the years to come.  If only for the tres leches and tomatillo sauce.  Yummers!!
 

No comments: