The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Murder Mysterious

Our friends the Heinrichs hosted the most amazing murder mystery dinner.  Ari was mysterious about everything, all the way down to receiving the invitation.  She left a wax sealed beautiful card on our front porch giving us instructions on who we were supposed to dress up like and what our new identities would be.  Chase and I were Charlie Chairman and Audrey Hepburned. Of course the party fell on the night that we moved back into the house.  I was so busy with packing and moving that we almost didn't go. Basically we threw on whatever we had in the wig box and in our closets. Audrey would have to be blond for the night! Apparently it worked because we won best costumes!  

So, for years and years and YEARS I have dressed my family up for the trunk or treat in matching outfits with high hopes of winning some sort of costume prize.  It's never happened and the only prize I've ever won is for "best looking pie" and guess what...it wasn't good looking at all!  I put it in a cute pie dish and it was a basic Libby's pumpkin pie. No frills.  But you better believe I was suuuuuper excited about winning because it was the first time I've really ever won anything (other than my Chase of course).

So of course I was shocked because we literally put these wigs over our sweaty heads and peeled off our dirty moving clothes about 15 minutes before the party started.  Isn't that how it always is?  When you bust your buttons making elaborate costumes every Halloween to no avail (other than your kiddos looking ridiculously adorable); and then when you barely try at all, you come home with the prize. I guess my new "I have 4 kids and I don't try as hard" motto is working for me!  Carry on! 



To say the party was "elaborate" wouldn't do it justice.  This was planned to absolute perfection!  And Ari gave birth about a week later too. I don't know how she did it all.  

I'm so glad we decided to go even though all odd were against us.  
I'll always love dressing up with Chase.




No comments: