The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, April 7, 2008

Gravely Point


I have the best Grandma. She used to live in McLean, VA a long time ago but has a sharp memory of all the fun places to visit. She often tells me about her favorite spots and we've had so much fun visiting them. One of them is Gravely Point next to the National Airport. There is a park where the airplanes fly right above you before they land. These pictures don't justify the experience. The planes are so close!! It's funny because when I was an intern out here in 2000 I only thought about Wayne's World when they flew over me. Now when these monstrous planes roar above all I think about is 911 and what those people must have thought when they saw those planes fly over them into the WTC and especially the Pentagon. Creepy!! Sadie sure loved it and we even found the Potomac River nearby to throw rocks. Sadie was in HEAVEN. It's her favorite activity!!

No comments: