The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Chase!!!




















This is Chase. My sweetheart for the past 8 years. It's his birthday today so I thought I'd embarrass him a little. Here are a few things you didn't know about the man I call my best friend.
1. He cries whenever he sees him mom or sister cry. He also cries whenever we say goodbye at the airport (mostly because I am misty myself). He still gets choked up watching the Red Sox win the world series. When we sold the Jeep....that's right...serious tear drops.




















2. So you might be thinking my man is a wussy man. Oh how wrong you are. My man is an IRONMAN. I hope I get these facts right. Chase has completed 2 full Ironman Triathlons. This is a 2 mile swim, 115 mile bike ride, and then after all that, he runs a 26 mile Marathon. His goal is to one day qualify for the Hawaii Ironman. I hope he does too so I can go to Hawaii. He has also completed several 1/2 Ironmans for training purposes and ran a 50 mile race in October of last year. I hate to mention this next one because I am still mad about it, but he ran a marathon with his equally foolish brothers in Death Valley. This was in the middle of July. He still wears his shirt that they had made that says "I conquered Death."
3. Chase has always been the one who gets up in the middle of the night to make sure Sadie is breathing or to put an extra blanket on her. I wonder if Sadie knows that he goes in there every night to look at her. Sometimes when he gets home late from school he'll pick her up and have her sleep on his chest for a few minutes. He just can't get enough of her.




















4. You all know him as the "hot bald man" but I'll have you know there was a time (very long ago) that he had a full head of hair.























5. He shaves his whole body sometimes. He always shaves his head (an occasional mohawk if he's feeling sassy), chest, and if he's running a race he shaves it all. His legs look better than mine when they are shaved.






















6. He is a serious sun glass snob and won't even wear them unless they cost over $100.


















7. He'd rather save up for a ski boat than a house. The kid can water ski!!!
























8. He is an amazing cook. He makes a delicious salad and even caramelizes the nuts. When I was preggers with Sadie he took over the cooking duties because all the smells in the kitchen nauseated me. He became pretty good.


9. He does the best cookie monster impersonation I have ever heard and Sadie LOVES it!!






















10. You knew this but he is the sweetest person I know. He waited 18 months for me while I served a mission and waited a year after that for me to become normal again. I'm so glad he's more patient than me. I LOVE CHASE!!! I'm so glad I found someone like you to spend the rest of eternity with.

8 comments:

Scott McMillan said...

Little does he know you liked looking at naked men on the beaches of Benidorm while he was patiently waiting for you. Happy Birthday Chase. I can't believe I still haven't met him.

The Cannons said...

No naked men but many topless women on the beaches of Spain. Lots of speedos. Hermana Leitz (Heidi) and I loved our beach walks into the city. Imagine volleyball. VERY interesting. Actually don't imagine it. Erase it out of your head.

Brandi said...

Happy Belated Birthday Chase!!! I was off doing my own itty bitty triathlon which completely pales in comparison to all the crazy stuff you've done--I have a new found respect for you, and also realize how incredibly crazy you really are. Hope you did something fun to celebrate the big ..wait..is it a secret? I won't say, but it's OLD! jk. We miss you folks. Sniffles.

PS (That was a very sweet tribute Abigail--you guys are good to each other).

j and k said...

You know what? Chase is a good man, it's true! We love him! Tell him happy bday from JR and kim.

jenny said...

Abby, going private. If you want to be invited e-mail me
jenblanck(at)hotmail.com

*Leslie* said...

Happy Birthday!!! That is so fun. What a great post. You are such a fun couple.

Erin said...

HEY!!! I just got your message. We are heading home on Saturday...at 5:30am (wish me luck!). We have missed you guys. Can't wait to get together!

I loved the tribute to Chase! John's b-day was on the 12th...his will be coming!

Steve and Cami said...

that is such a fun post.

will you send me your email so i can send you an invite to my blog? camiwarner@gmail.com thanks abby!