The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Dwanies!!!

I have no idea where this little nickname came from but we've always called our friends Brandi and Levi Draney "Bwandi and Weevi Dwanie." I guess it's a term of endearment for our best buds from our San Diego past. They left San Diego about two years ago and although we were at first very angry at them for leaving us behind, we now understand what they were probably going through having to leave the "happiest place on earth" as I call it. They decided to take advantage of the fact that we still live here for a short time and head down for a small vacation. It was AWESOME to have them here. Brandi and I are training for the Jordanelle Triathlon so we were able to train together while the boys did what they do best....watch ESPN. I'm glad that even though we live in different states, we still remain extremely close. Having them here reminded me of all our Sunday dinners, late night debates, and sugar fests of yesteryear. It was great to have a little "Dwanie" time. Thanks for visiting guys.
Little buddies. Sadie and Gwen played really well together. Perhaps it's because Sadie would grab stuff from Gwen and she wouldn't freak out. If roles were reversed we would have had some serious problems.
I love how our kids are drenched in sand. I love the beach but we decided it's quite a production if you go there with toddlers. Just getting them cleaned up is enough to want to forego the beach for a lovely heated pool and hot tub. Sadie is funny at the beach. She'll play in the sand for about 2 hours and then turn to us and say "I wanna go home." What kid wants to leave the biggest sand box in the world? I guess she knows her own personal limits.
Well Mom and Dad came prepared this time. We wanted the Draney's to maximize their beach time so we brought her little DVD player. She watched Nemo, Bruce, and Crush with out the slightest interest in actually going into the water to find them. Gwen LOVES the beach. She could hang out down by the waves all day. It doesn't make relaxation very easy for her parents but at least she'll go down to the shore. Sadie goes limp and freaks out if we go any where near the water. Hopefully we can warm her up to the idea once we leave San Diego and have no beach in sight. What a wonderfully strange kid. I love her to death, even with her silly little quirks.
Sadie looking very VOGUE. Check out that pose.

Their last night we headed down to Coronado for some beautiful scenery and ice cream.

2 comments:

Lori Moody said...

Hermana Abby,
Did you know that Levi is from Kennewick? He was in the other stake growing up but we went to middle school together...I don't know that he would remember me but I think that's too funny that you guys are friends! How fun! So I should FINALLY have my blog up and running in the next day or two...I'm working on it. Still no baby news...but any day now! Love ya! Lori

Ashley McNair said...

How fun! I can't believe how big the girls are!