The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Baby Bear, Tutu's and Sleeping Beauty


I experienced deja vu several times this Halloween. We pretty much lived last year over again. I even had Sadie wear a very similar costume. Last year I bought her a chick/duck costume from Children's Place. It kept her so warm and she looked so dang cute that I went right back there this year and got a bigger and slightly improved version of the same thing. This year she was Baby Bear. I added some pink ribbons for a little femininity and definitely got my $10 worth. Originally I wanted Sadie to be Shamu. She still talks about "shampoo" the killer whale in San Diego and what better way to remember him than actually BE him. The only one I could find was $50 and it wasn't even that cute.

Sadie said she wanted to either be "Shampoo" or a "pretty pretty princess." My "Thomas the Tank Engine loving" tomboy is finally turning into a "girly girl." She asks to put a "pretty pretty dress" on daily and once it's on she twirls around the room doing arabesques while singing "once upon a dream." I felt bad not letting her be a princess but I couldn't pass up the last year I have to make her be whatever I want her to be....a cute little bear. I still feel like she's a baby and I suppose and I want her to stay that way as long as possible. The only way I could get her to put on her boring bear costume was to put her tu tu on over it.


I also thought a princess costume wouldn't be warm enough. We made a deal with her. If she would be baby bear for the night we would let her be a princess once we got inside. We ventured out to the Todd's neighborhood again and had a great time with all the family that was there. We started the night with some cozy soup (which Sadie gobbled up...hooray...I love it when she eats anything healthy) and headed out the door to trick or treat.


Sadie was in pursuit of lollipops all night. Once she got one, it was immediately opened and devoured. I guess it's my fault for limiting candy but once she had some she turned into a crazy and cranky little beast. She cried the whole way home because we wouldn't give into her having another piece of candy after she had already had a plethora at the Todd's. I don't like the way she behaves when it's around(candy) so I'm going to continue it's limitation as long as I can get away with it.


I forgot to mention that once we got back from collecting candy (poison) her cousin Grace gave her a "pretty pretty dress" that doesn't fit her anymore. Sadie was in heaven. She waltzed around the room singing "upon a dream!!!" over and over again. It was hilarious. She wears it over her PJ's everyday and walks around as if she were floating on a cloud. You can tell she thinks she's the spiffiest thing to ever turn a corner. It's fun to see her acting like a real princess but it's sad seeing her so grown up. Sometimes I wish I could just push the pause button on her.

A few more pics for all our enjoyment:-)

Sadie and her buddy Moriah at the ward Trunk or Treat. She found a lollipop there too and, as you can see, was pretty excited about it.
Her favorite things about Halloween (besides the candy of course) were all the decorations. She tried to touch every lit jackolantern and was very impressed with the blow up pumpkin (but was a little scared at first).



I just love this little girl so much. Apart from the occasional tantrums and whining, she's become such a fun little buddy to hang out with.

No comments: