The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Busted!!


For the last few days, I have been acting like a complete idiot. I locked my keys in the house on Thursday and had to go all the way down town to get a key from Chase (thanks again for the ride to the metro Erin) Speaking of Erin. She's a saint. About 6 months ago my car got towed because I parked it somewhere stupid. Erin came to the rescue and took me to the scary towing yard where I gave the yard manager a piece of my mind. Then about a month ago I left my keys at a friends house and had no way of picking them up because they were my car keys. Erin picked me up and dropped me off that night so don't ask me why I brought my keys with me or why I left them there. The next day Erin headed back over there to pick up my keys. And then there was yesterday. She found me sitting in my car trying to keep warm, took me to pick up Sadie from preschool and dropped us off at the metro station. Erin, believe me when I say I am friends with you not ONLY because you have my back 24/7 but for many more reasons.

Anyway, so back to my stupidity. Yesterday, while I was bringing the groceries in I thought I would put Sadie inside while I brought in all the heavy stuff. Bad idea. The little weasel locked me out of the house!! Twice I had been locked out in two days!!! She was standing behind the screen door with a little smile on her face which turned into a very concerned whimper once she found out I really couldn't get in. I think the stress of the situation caused her to panic and she started screaming. As calm as I could (standing out in 30 degree weather) I told her to turn the knob. She must have forgotten how to do the simple act she performed moments ago because the only action she provided was a pounding on the glass and a tantrum of tears. I bribed her with "pink gum" to get her to go downstairs and unlock the back door but every time I ran around the back she wasn't there. When I returned she was standing at the screen door searching wildly for me. Once I calmed her down she finally understood the concept of going downstairs, letting Mama in, and receiving a juicy piece of pink gum. A half an hour later I was in the house.

Also, yesterday I couldn't find my phone. I don't know if any of you have ever tried to call me and I never answer, I promise I am not screening calls. I probably just can't find my phone. I literally lose it once a day. It was out of batteries so even if someone tried to call me, I couldn't search for it by sound. Chase knew exactly where it was when he got home from work yesterday and plugged it in for me.

Today, Chase took Sadie to the grocery store while I finished up cleaning the house for our Utah/BYU party tonight. He tried calling me several times to get info about what to buy and finally came home (because of course I had no idea where my phone was at the time) and stuck the phone on me with a piece of duct tape. Maybe fanny packs will come back so I can take my phone with me wherever I go. Maybe I should get a utility belt. I don't know, but lately I've been scaring myself with how absent minded I am. Must be the cold weather.

2 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Your not preggo are you???? That is how I acted when I was pregnant. (and when I'm not, but it's worse when I was preggo) I wanna come to your big football party. Sounds fun. This absent minded thing happens to the best of us. :)

Jill T said...

Izabella locked me out too once. She actually locked me in to one of our bedrooms (we have locks outside the door instead of inside). I had to call my neighbor downstairs and when she came to my rescue she got to cross the messy kitchen and family room on the way.

I wish I could have bribed Izabella--that was a smart idea--I'm just surprised that she calmed down enough to actually let you in!