The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Free Willy!!

Guess what Sadie brought to "Show and Tell" today. I arrived at preschool with Sadie lugging in her gigantic stuffed killer whale when all the teachers gave me a sobering look. I had no idea that the night before a whale in Orlando's Sea World had killed a trainer. Once they told me about the accident I felt so stupid for bringing in that giant whale. Only Sadie could embarrass me like that:-)

I'm sorry for the family and friends of the trainer but I think it's time they let Shamu back into the wild. That's quite a shocker coming from me who used to watch the Shamu show at least twice a week when we lived in San Diego. If you think about the space they have to swim in compared to an ocean, it's like living in a bath tub. No wonder the whale went crazy.

2 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

I know can you believe it?? And the same whale had killed two others before!! They should have not let him perform in the 1st place. Poor Sadie and her shot down show and tell. I think that is so funny all the teachers looking at you like "are you serious, today, you bring shamu, today??" Poor Sadie and poor trainer, that really is so sad. They cancelled the shamu show here in SD as well.

Jill T said...

I had no idea! Poor Sadie. I hope the teachers didn't make you feel bad though--you had no idea!

We need to get together soon. We miss you!