The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, February 7, 2011

Extreme weather conditions

It's hard to believe that two days ago we were bundled up and playing in the snow. Texas weather is weird, but we aren't complaining. I keep telling Chase that if family were here, we'd stay forever. However, we still haven't experienced a summer here which I hear can be MISERABLE so maybe I shouldn't speak so soon. I do plan on just leaving for about a month to escape the heat. Weber Canyon is calling my name. I miss my mountains.
Austin has done a pretty good job at impressing us so far. We really like it here. I guess I'm the type of gal who needs a lot of sunshine because this place has me in such a better mood. I love that we go outside every day and that my kids get to run around in fresh air.
Today we should have gone to stake conference which we have since vetoed after our last experience. When you have two kids, you end up sitting in the back with all the other "noisy" families. You can't really see or hear the speakers and two hours of tackling two kids is WAY too long. Besides, our stake center is about 40 minutes away and totally in the ghetto. They have to have men monitor the parking lots to prevent car break ins.
So, ya, we skipped out this time because it was just too beautiful outside. We went down to Town Lake for a long walk around the lake with a beautiful view of the city. We rolled down hills, threw rocks in the water,relaxed in the hammock, chased squirrels, and just enjoyed the perfect breeze and sunshine.



Austin, we love you!!



1 comment:

L.J. said...

texas looks fun, indeed. perhaps i need to head south. :)