The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lost with out her


I love my mom for many reasons but what I really love is that she tells it to you straight.  No sugar coating.  While visiting in March she went through my closet to find something for me to wear that Sunday (I was teaching relief society).  After looking through the racks for a few minutes she proclaimed "Abby, I had no idea it was this bad."  I laughed because it is true!  I rarely buy anything for myself anymore. 

I LOVE dressing the kids and finding cute things for them to wear through out the year.  Shopping for me isn't nearly as fun.  With my body constantly morphing between skinny, skinny pregnant, pregnant, big pregnant, huge fat whale pregnant, huge fat whale post-partum, saggy sides post-partum, sloppy core post-partum and finally wrinkled and shriveled post-partum.  And even though I can pour myself back into skinny jeans, they never fit quite the same.  Unless your a gazillionaire, you really can't keep up with all the fashions in all these different sizes.  I've pretty much given up.  My sister in law had to inform me the other day that running shoes are NOT cool with boot leg jeans anymore.  Note taken.

So I ended up wearing an outfit I purchased from the Children's Hour in 2005 to teach my lesson and was just grateful that it actually fit!  A few days after my mom returned home to Utah I received a LARGE package in the mail.  Mimi took pity on my loser "fashionless" self and sent me some new clothes.  Some were her old ones she was sick of wearing (I'll take em' thank you very much!) and others were things from the sale rack that needed some loving.  I'll love you clothes.  You have a home here.

I'm so glad my mom can see a woman in need and come to her rescue.  Thanks Mom!!

 

3 comments:

j and k said...

Your mom is so great! What a nice thing to do! I cracked up at your post. It's so true...it's too hard to commit to buying things for ourselves when our bodies change so much through child bearing. I'm sick of it! You always looks AMAZING though!

mgardiner said...

Lucky Abby, I would take Diane's rejects any day! I am with you on this, too many fluctuations to keep up with anything....now we have become like our friends older sisters that were so out of it when they became moms. One thought on the flare jeans and running shoes...they only make higherwaisted jeans with a big flare (the style I guess) and I'm sick of bending over and showing off my muffin top and plumbers crack. SO, i'm trying to buy higher waisted pants, so now I'm stuck with bell bottoms and I have such bad feet that I have to wear shoes with good support since, as a mom, I'm on my feet all day long and when I wear cute ballet flats I get into serious trouble with my feet. So, who sounds old now? Bad feet, muffin tops....ehh, I swear I'm not 50 even though I sound like it. Long story short, it could be worse, you could look like me!

Scott McMillan said...

Cute!! I don't know the last time I bought clothes. Not willing to spend money on an ever changing body.