The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chad and Sarah!!


It's always nice having an excuse to go to Utah for a couple of weeks.  I guess Chad and Sarah getting married was important enough to get us to leave Texas for a little while (wink..wink..)  I LOVE weddings!  Did you know that about me?  Some people loath a wedding but I TOTALLY look forward to them.  I love that the whole family is reunited for the occasion.  I love having Sadie and Jack play with all of their cousins and I just love the whole romantic aura a wedding presents.  It always reminds me of my wedding day and that makes me happy.  Makes me feel 24 all over again.



Chad and Sarah are an amazing couple.  I felt such an amazing spirit during their sealing ceremony in the temple.  I don't think I've been that emotional in the temple since my wedding. Elder Evans spoke of their future children rejoicing to see their parents get married and the spirit further solidified to me that this plan that our God has for us is eternal and such a blessing for us here on earth.  I am excited to see what these two love birds accomplish together. 

Chase and I practically sprinted to the temple to get there on time and after huffing and puffing we realized Chase didn't have his temple recommend.  I went through to explain to his family what was going on while he tried to get the stake president on the phone.  A few minutes later Chase came waltzing in.  I guess the temple worker trusted him enough to let him in.  After telling him it was his brother's wedding he took pity on him.  My dad met us after the ceremony with the kiddos so we could take pictures.  George passed out for most of the family pictures and Sadie and Jack continued to ask for treats.  If you smile for the camera, you get treats. 
 

We all had lunch at the Blue Lemon and then headed home for naps and get ready for the reception.  Everyone looked great and we were the first Cannons to arrive (miracle or miracles).
It was then that I looked over at Sadie and saw her almost asleep at one of the tables.  Sadie is pretty wired most of the day so when she's tired at 5p.m. I know something is wrong. 

Her cheeks looked flushed and her eyes were bloodshot.  It couldn't be worse timing (actually George throwing up the night before takes the cake for worst timing).  It was looking pretty grim...
to be continued....

No comments: