The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Jack!!


It is becoming more and more obvious to me that these birthday parties are getting a little out of hand.  When I told Jack his birthday was today he said "NO!  I already had a birthday at the bounce house!!"  I should have just kept it simple.  I just don't want him to look back and see that Sadie (who requests a new party every year) has had a fun friend party every year and wonder why he never had one too.  So we threw him a Cars birthday party pretty similar to the one we threw for Sadie when she turned three. 

We had a lot of fun making cupcakes and I used about an entire ink cartridge printing up the labels for those water bottles.  We actually kept a lot of the decorations we used for Sadie's party and put them up in the back yard for another "carnival" like scene.  We had the tire toss, face paining, towing for a prize and lots of other fun games.
 
 
 
 
 

Eventually it got pretty hot so we had a water balloon toss and ran around the back yard to get some wiggles out before we started the whacking of the pinata.
 

My simple little Jack preferred to just play in his sand box with his trucks instead of participating in all the festivities.  As soon as we started hitting the pinata Jack officially woke up and realized all the people in his back yard were actually there to celebrate HIS birthday.

They make these things nearly indestructible these days.  After everyone had a whack the whole car came tumbling down totally intact and Chase had to rip it open and spread the candy out for all the kiddos.  Did I mention those pinatas could be made of steel?  That baseball bat snapped in half!

Jack was more excited about his candy from the pinata than his cupcake and although we sang Happy Birthday, he didn't touch his cake.  I think that's three years in a row he hasn't eaten his birthday cake.  3 for 3!  Not bad buddy!

Although he seemed pretty mellow throughout the whole party he got pretty wild after everyone left and we let him open his presents.  He had fun in his own way and that's all that matters.  Good news is, I don't have to plan another party until January when George turns 1.  The month of May just about puts me over the edge but I love these little guys so much that I do it anyway.  Happy birthday my little Jack.  I'm so glad you're mine!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Impressive, as always!