The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, November 11, 2013

Grandpa to the rescue!!


I was delighted, I say delighted, when my dad offered to come to Texas and help me paint.  EVERY room in the house needs painting so a little help, goes a long way.  I sometimes get overwhelmed by all the updates this house needs.  New floors, new cabinets, new bathrooms, toilets and sinks.  The list goes on and on and I fully recognize this is totally a "first world problem."  I am overwhelmed and overjoyed to even own a home that I can call my own.  I just want to put a little of my flare into it so Abby shines through. 

George's room was the first on our painting list.  His room was sooooooo dark!!  Even with the blinds open, I have to turn a light on during the day to see where I'm going.  It was a hideous greenish beige and I was happy to see it go. 

Choosing the perfect white is HARD!!  I finally decided to match it to the trim around the house to save me the step later of having to repaint all the molding.

I love painting with my dad.  We turn on NPR and discuss what we hear as we paint along.  He is such great company!! Love this man!!


Before and after!

It looks sooooooooooooooo much better and you wouldn't believe how much light is in the room.  George wakes up and can actually see what's going on.  It's amazing to me how long he stays in there every morning before he starts to cry. I think he just loves being able to see everything from the view of his crib. 

The second project was to redo the hideous "French Chateau" half bath downstairs.  I still hate the textured walls (first world problems) but I thought we'd paint over them to see if it looked any better.   

The absolute worst part about this bathroom is the stained door and molding.  I can't stand it!!  It looks terrible.  I was so excited to paint over it!

They even "stained" the ceiling. 


It already looks so much better just with white trim!!

Grandpa did his magic again and it really looks a lot better apart from the textured walls, need of a new toilet and sink (to replace the grandma swan one in there:-)

Before, during and after!!
 

Grandpa still had to be grandpa while he was here and the kids LOVED it.  George was scared at first but it took all of 5 minutes to warm up. I feel so much better about the house having done just those two rooms.  It was highly educational and I'm glad I was able to learn from the BEST!!  Thanks again Dad!! You can come anytime!!
 
 

No comments: