The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, December 21, 2013

You better not pout!

 
 Truth be told, I'm getting pretty sick of Santa.  I'm tired of the kids always wondering whether or not they are pleasing Santa, whether or not he will bring them this or that, and whether or not he's actually real.  I know it's fun for them but I want them to worry whether or not they are pleasing their Heavenly Father.  Not some made up being.  I tried to really focus on Christ this year in our home.  We watched little clips every night about Christ's life and read the correlated scriptures.  The kids got excited for it every night and I was happy that they were learning more about Him.   
 
I switched things up this year.  I told them Santa would only be giving them "something you want, something to wear, something you need and something to read."  They were fine with that and I was happy to be giving Chase and me more credit for the gifts they get on Christmas morning. 
 
Santa's great, don't get me wrong.  Christmas is magical and exciting and I was thrilled to have Santa at our ward Christmas Party.  This saved me the time I would otherwise spent waiting in a line at the mall.  I gotta get my "Santa pic" after all (even if I am a little "over" old Saint Nick as of late.
 
I didn't know Santa would be at the party so my kids showed up looking a bit homeless.  This is why they are photographed wearing winter coats. This was an attempt to hide the P Terry's ketchup all over their sweatshirts.  It worked!! I braided Sadie's hair by the stage and teased Jack's wild mane and rat's nest into a ridiculous comb over. A mother can try.  I know how beautiful they can be, and that's all that matters. 

Besides, if we want to talk about appearing homeless, take a good look at Santa. 

Doesn't really matter, because all I ever wanted was a hysterical picture of George.  It's a personal goal of mine to have a picture of every one of my children terror stricken by Santa.  It gives me great pleasure and joy and I'm being completely serious here.

George was far too pleasant last year when we took pictures with Santa.  It was his turn to be terrified.
 
  He really, really, really hates candy canes (and Santa too...I guess:-)
 
And here are the cute primary kids making us jolly with their sweet caroling. We love our ward!! 

No comments: