The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Donning our gay apparel

Ever since we left Virginia I've always wanted to host a white elephant/ugly sweater party. The Selanders and Sandersons put on some pretty festive gatherings and it was time to pull out my Unique Thrift store finds. However, the holidays always run away from me and I never seem to catch up. Thank goodness I had two friends host one this year. The Lunt's said there would be a prize for best dressed couple so I decided to go back to Goodwill for a little Christmas treasure hunt.
I totally scored!!  Christmas goodness for us all!  I stopped by the dollar store to for some sponge curlers.  Can't wear a dress from 1989 without sponging up your hair!  
We went for the "live on a ranch in the middle of Texas nowhere" look.

I was VERY happy to find some other kindred spirits at the party.  All great finds from Goodwill.  Mel looks like my grandma Maurine, JoAnn looks like a sister wife, Nat jumped out of Murphy Brown, and I'm just happy to be in such fantastic company!!

Love my Austin ladies!!
Oh, and guess what!!  We won Best Dressed Couple!!  Hooray!

No comments: