The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a lot of "mom guilt" deciding whether or not to take this short trip to Houston with some friends for Mother's Day Weekend.  Sadie's birthday was the night before and I felt horrible leaving her when I should be celebrating the person who actually made me a mother in the first place.  It wasn't until after I scheduled a swim party for her the next weekend that I finally consented to take a few days off and celebrate being mommies with some of the best mommies I know. 

Andrea's parents live in Magnolia, Texas on a big ranch with chicken's and gardens to shame any local farmer's market.  They were so nice to open their home up to us and treated us like queens!  We were fed the yummiest food and had the best time just laughing and playing with the four wheelers and boats.

When the kids aren't around, someone has to goof around and it's not hard to do with the likes of these two hooligans. 

We rode off in to the sunset and weren't even scared when an unleashed dog started chasing us off his property.  Yikes!!

 


Our days were spent shopping and eating naughty food while at night we just laughed until someone (Mel) peed her pants.   Love my Austin ladies!
After a late night drive, I slipped into bed just in time to be greeted by the offspring with delicious crepes and amazing cards.

Then I got to see these two little peanuts sing to me at church.  Mother's Day turned out to be guilt free and a total blast.  Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.  Hopefully you spent your weekend NOT being a mom like I did:-).


No comments: