The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, January 19, 2015

Our Last Hoorah!

It seems that we've been having weeks of cold weather and sunny Sundays where we spend three hours inside at church.  It makes me murmur sometimes.  I just want to partake of this sunshine!!  Well one particular sunny Sunday we snuggled in this hammock until the very last moment.  Then it was off to church!!  The only thing making me REALLY not murmur was that the next day was MLK day and because there was no school, work AND it was another sunny day, we were going to spend the entire day outside!!  It would be a "last hoorah" until baby girl arrives in a few weeks.   
Our first stop was the swings at the LBJ Wildflower Center.  Kids loved it and we had the whole place to ourselves!!! 



After that we went canoeing on LBJ lake.  It was an LBJ kind of day!!   
The rental place wouldn't let us all ride together.  I thought that was lame, so I walked down the trail a little ways and hopped on the canoe once we were out of their sight.  No one says no to "feisty pregnant Abby."
It was a glorious day and so fun to be on the lake!!  I was worried I would sink us all with my big prego belly, but we did just fine.  I sat on a life jacket to cushion my poor tailbone, and it was actually quite comfortable!
George LOVED the "boat ride" and all the turtles we saw along the way.  He was constantly letting his hands glide in the water as dad rowed us down the lake.   

The older and more timid ones were worried we would tip over the whole time but Jack was brave enough to stick his hands in the water, occasionally....if the boat seemed steady enough.  

Cannon Boys

Cannon Girls 

Can't believe we are going to have another one of these soon.  They sure are cute!!

This hunk of muscles rowed us the whole way himself.  It was a very relaxing ride...for me. 


I loved being able to spend some time outside of the house with my amazing family.  Baby girl cooperated too and made it possible for me to exert myself a bit with very little pain and minimal exhaustion.
  
And look what we found as the kids were throwing rocks?  A heart one!!  Sums up how I felt that day about my family, my life and beautiful Austin that we get to enjoy!

And it wouldn't be a day in Austin if we didn't stop by the Torchy's trailer on the way home.   



No comments: