The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Grandpa to the rescue!!

Chase had to go back to work so Grandpa came to town to help me out with the kiddos.  Jack and Sadie go to school every day but poor George is left home with his boring mom who pretty much feeds a baby all day.  Grandpa and George became BEST friends this week!  They went on all sorts of adventures so I could take a nap.  After the week was over I think it's safe to say I was the well rested one.  George completely wore him out!!  George also asks EVERY DAY where Grandpa went after we dropped him off at the airport.   I always say "he went home George" and George always replies "no, he went on an airplane.  Should we go see him?"  

Grandpa also helped me run errands that I would otherwise be terrified to do on my own with a toddler and a newborn.  We got Eliza all bundled up and headed to Costco. It was the event of the week I tell ya!  It was actually just nice to get out of the house!

Because I wasn't planning on how cold it would be and the lack of laundered clothing, Eliza had to wear a few of George's old fleece sleepers.  It's amazing how much it bothered Sadie to have Eliza in boy clothes.  She would search through E's dresser in search of something pink only to find they were all in the hamper!  


Grandpa made us pancakes every morning, read the kiddos books, and was such great company.  We often stayed up WAY too late chatting when I should have been sleeping but he's just too much fun to talk to.  Everything is right in the world when Grandpa's here.  He took care of the kids so I could snuggle my little Liza Jane.  Best gift ever!  Thanks Dad!


No comments: