The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day

I will continue to kick myself for starting this tradition!!! I blame it all on Pinterest!!  Most kids just have to worry about wearing green on March 17th.  That's how I grew up. But my kids are spoiled!!  The 16th of March rolls around and they kindly remind me to hit the store at midnight when they say, "I wonder if the leprechauns will come tonight?  I hope they don't leave a big mess like they did last year.  I hope they leave some yummy chocolate coins."  

So sleep deprived me is dipping her hands in green paint to make footprints all over the floor, putting green food coloring in the toilet (they get a pretty big kick out of that one) and throwing chocolate coins and nuggets all over the house. I literally threw them on the floor this year.  Blast!! I almost forgot to draw green mustaches on their faces.  Don't you worry, while Eliza was snoozing away, we were in the kids bedrooms laughing our heads off while I drew on their faces.  It never gets old! 

Love that it's March and we're still wearing Christmas pajamas and Santa hats!

This naughty leprechaun needed a shower.  I love how he sits in our water conservation buckets. I also love that picture on the front of the bucket of a toddler drowning.  Did I mention I'm Mother of the Year? 


No comments: