The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cox Farm

The day after Halloween our little trio (Jess, Erin and I) and daughters went to Cox Farm and had SO much fun. Sadie ran all over the place and explored so many new things. We went on a hay ride which was hilarious. At one point they had an alien run out to greet us and random pictures along the road to keep Sadie entertained. Jess was 9 months pregnant and still rode the rocky hay ride. She wanted that baby out (and he came just the other day...hooray for hay rides.) I think the last time I went on a hay ride was..um...never..so it was really fun for both Sadie and me.

The farm was surrounded by a ton of large slides that Sadie and I could go down on together. I even sent her down on her tummy a couple of times and then followed. At the end she would say over and over again..."gain" (again) so that's what we did. I think we went down a number of slides about ten times each. Sadie had a ball!!

Check out the smile on Sadie's face. She had so much fun. Also check out Jess (severely prego) walking Lizzie up the hill so she can go down the slide. Nothing can keep that girl from having fun. I was amazed at how much energy she had. Lizzie wanted to go down the slide as much as Sadie did and Jess just kept climbing that hill. Poor prego lady.
What's a farm with out animals? There were pigs, cows, ducks, goats and all sorts of other farm animals for the girls to look at. In one area you can feed the goats yourself. For those of you reading this, don't buy the goat food. There were many crying children who got bitten by the goats because they wanted the food so badly.
We just watched everyone else feed them and Sadie ran all over the place trying to chase them. She kept calling them "bahhh"s. It was pretty cute. She loves animals.

Of course us moms had to have a little fun. I still don't know how Jess got up in that chair in her state. All we needed were our billy bob teeth to complete the moment.
At the end of the farm there are a bunch of little kid trains that they can play on. Sadie of course thought this was the coolest thing ever. We were allowed to choose an apple and a pumpkin before we went home. These are now some of Sadie's favorite words except they come out a little like this...."ahhole and pumpin." I think Cox Farms should pay me for this great review I just gave them.

1 comment:

j and k said...

I just wish I was with you! She's so cute and fun! Looks like a good time.