The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sadie is TWO!!!


It's actually Mother's Day today but I thought it would be a perfect time to sit down and write about the little girl who calls me "Mom." Sadie was born two years ago on May 8th!! I can't believe it. I was sitting in church today watching all the primary kids sing to their mom's and it made me a little misty. One day Sadie will be big enough to stand up there and sing to me! I saw the one little girl who was belting out every word, and the other standing next to her looking miserable. Chase and I looked a each other and said, which one will Sadie be like when she's that old?

I also got the best mother's day gift ever today. Sadie jumped into my arms and cuddled with me for a full three minutes. For any of you who have a toddler, this is a very long time to sit still and hug someone. There I was sitting in my pew with Sadie's little arms around me. I kept thinking that any minute she would put her head up and giggle into my face, but she just kept hugging me. I literally looked up and thanked heavenly father for this little but gigantic gift he gave me today and relished each second that I was able to hold her. She is growing up WAY too fast. It makes me sad and there's nothing I can do about it but just enjoy every minute. Read one extra book, sing "baby mine" one more time, and stop to pick one more dandelion. I hope I can remember to do this. Here are a few pictures of the last two years....a misty stroll down memory lane.










7 comments:

*Leslie* said...

Happy Birthday to Sadie! Wow, 2 is big and she is sure a cute girl!

Darger Party of 3 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SADIE LADY....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOO YOOOOUUUU!!!!

We cannot wait to see you in San Diego. Those pics are so great!

Erin said...

That seriously made me want to cry. I get in bed almost every night and think about how fast time is flying by and it makes me terribly melancholy. :( It is such a fun time of life!
Sadie is such a cutie! We are really going to miss you guys over the summer. Thank goodness for blogs!
Thanks again for the super fun birthday party. Moriah still talks about it :)

Brandi said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to the little lady. We thought of you on the 8th! See you soon. We can't wait!!

Ashley McNair said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Sadie! Sadie is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Sadie Lady! You are two cute for words!

Lilly said...

What a little doll Abs! I can't believe she is almost two. You are so true, they grow up WAAAAY to stinkin' fast! I'll funk to that! Hope you guys are doing well! Lovies!