The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

First thing's first

I have been a real slacker as far as keeping up with all our activities and blogging about them. I feel like we are always going somewhere and doing something fun but I rarely sit down to write about it. So I'll start out with Independence Day. We were a little bummed when we realized we wouldn't be able to see the Washington D.C. fireworks (we've heard they are amazing) but were so excited to show Sadie some fireworks on the water this year.
Last year we watched them from a distance because I was worried about her little ears. This year was AWESOME. We met our friends the Hymas' and watched the show down at Seaport Village. If I had known how cool this firework show was going to be I would have flown from D.C. to see it!! (Not really but I had to exaggerate for effect.) We were taken away at how close they were and seeing the reflection of them on the water was even cooler. Sadie was really excited at first as we explained the "big flowers" and "fire" that was going to be in the air.


Waiting for the show and being creative to pass the time.

Carousel at Seaport village. Another great way to pass the time while we waited for them to start. I think this is a great place to watch fireworks because there so much entertainment.

However, once they started she of course (our timid little Sadie) was a little uneasy. She couldn't believe her eyes but kept saying "scary Mommy, I wanna go, let's go Mommy, I want the car..." I wasn't about to leave when we sat around for a good hour and a half waiting for them to start. I covered her ears and that helped a little. Watching Gracie enjoy them warmed her up a bit. I love how Grace calls Sadie "Sadie Lady." She's always called her that. All in all, it was great catching up with the Hymas' and the coolest part was that not only was there a firework show right in front of us, but we could see all the other shows down the beach at Coronado, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach and Lo Jolla, AND they were all in sync. Fireworks everywhere!!! Sadie is still talking about them.

2 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

I love Sea Port Village! Fireworks over the ocean is the BEST! This was the 1st year I saw them like that, (even though I was on the opposite coast) I think it's cute Sadie needed her "ear-muffs" for the fireworks. Cute pictures!

j and k said...

You guys are so cute! I love it! You always are little adventurers. Sadie is adorable!