The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, July 7, 2008

Running with scissors

Back in the day I had similar hair to Sadie's. One day I found some scissors and chopped off the front half of my cute little bob. I've always had a fetish for cutting hair. I went on to cut my little sister Jane's hair about 12 years later and again, cut those bangs WAY too short. I got in a lot of trouble for both incidences. So twenty some odd years later my haircutting dreams have come true. I have a little doll whose hair I can cut whenever I want. Many of you know that when Sadie was born she looked like this:
With all the rubbing of her head as she slept..most of her hair fell out and she looked like an old man gone wrong. We decided to buzz it and ended up with this:

Ahhh, much better. Little did we know that her hair wouldn't grow back for a VERY long time. Everyone was pretty shocked when we came back to San Diego to see Sadie with hair!!! It's still not growing in all the right places so we tame her mullet while we let the front grow in. I think my skills have improved since my tragic haircuts of the past (sorry Jane). Doesn't it look cute? Of course we had to turn on a movie to get her to sit still.





Do you think she's starting to look more like me or is she still "Chase in a dress."

5 comments:

Morgan said...

My brother had that same car bed spread...in fact...I used it when I lived in the single in the Chi O house! Classic.

j and k said...

Oh my gosh! I totally remember that bedspread. Of course, I also remember you locking me in your closet so I would stay and play with you. I'm just glad you didn't cut off my precious locks. Sadie is darling. You look like you were born to be a hairdresser. Call me, I miss you!

Gardner's said...

I think she is a cuter version of "Chase in a dress" with YOUR hair. I love her hair. it is so cute!! fun post!! You were a pretty cute little girl yourself!!

Erin said...

wow, that looks perfect. I'll keep you in mind for Moriah's next do!

Anonymous said...

Abby WOW seeing your baby pics and sadie I no longer think she is chase junior, holy crap you two look a like!! Crazy