The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Bers!!

Today, 29 years ago, an amazing person was brought into the world. That person is my friend Kim. I don't usually post birthday messages about my friends but today I have felt especially grateful to have Kimberly Sanders Ujifusa as my "bosom friend" of nearly 26 years. For those of you who know her, you know how special she is. No one can make you laugh harder than Kim. She introduced humor to me and so many other people. She is well known for her hilarious personality. But that isn't all that makes Kim so very special. Not so long ago I was a girl with permed bangs, buck teeth, was flat chested, and pretty scrawny to top it all off. Kim might have seen how hideous I was but always made me feel like a million bucks. She's been my buddy since we were 5 years old and we've gotten along like sisters ever since (with an occasional fist fight over who got "shot gun" or not). Kim has always been an example to me of someone who never gives up and presses forward no matter how hard the rain is falling on her. As of late she is struggling with something that requires the strength I know I don't have. She remains ever faithful to her heavenly father, loving to her family, and strong for everyone else. I love her to death and I want her to know that today I am grateful for my beautiful, vivacious, intelligent, witty, caring, determined, and courageous friend. Happy Birthday Kim!!!

4 comments:

j and k said...

Abby! I am the luckiest girl in the world! I don't know what I did to deserve such an incredible friend. You are the best. Your post made my family cry. I love you! THank you for making my day! Ok, I might forgive you for the pictures as well.

j and k said...

Abby,

I am in Portland right now and I am crying over your darling blog. Our families have always shared such precious memories. Thank you for sustaining all of us. I loved it!!

MeriKaye (Sanders) Moore

April Garvin said...

Abby,
congrats on the little boy!

The Soulier Family said...

Abby,
What a sweet post. Thanks for being such a great friend to Kim!
-Jen (Sanders) Soulier