The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fibbing gone wrong

So tonight we put Sadie to bed early because she skipped her nap and was cranky. Chase and I were pretty excited about eating dinner in peace for a change. However, Sadie decided to scream and bang on her door for the duration of our meal. I knew she needed her "bahh" blanket but I wanted to chow down before Jack woke up. I figured I could eat and find her blanket after. Sadie wouldn't have it. She wanted it NOW!! So after about ten minutes (I ate fast because I could hear Jack stirring) I ran up there and presented her with her "bahh." As I was getting her ready again to sleep this is what our conversation was:

Sadie: Mommy, I was crying the whole time.

Mom: I didn't hear you because I was in the basement looking for your "bahh"..(a total lie, I knew exactly where it was but I wanted to eat before the other kid needed me.)

Sadie: I heard Jack crying. I think he's awake.

Mom: Yes, he is awake. He woke up because you were screaming and kicking your door. It was really loud Sadie.

Sadie: So..... you did hear me.

I guess I should either stop fibbing or cover my bases better. I can't disguise words by spelling anymore, she's already started recognizing several words (like ice cream for example). Also, when she asks for something and I tell her it's all gone, she wants to see the empty wrapper, box, or container for proof because obviously my word isn't good enough. My kid is too smart. I can't keep up with her.

3 comments:

alexandra said...

That is really clever of her to pick up on. It is funny when they suddenly enter this new stage of baby lawyers.

j and k said...

Hi Abbs! I was out of town and just catching up on your posts. You always have me cracking up~! Couple of things-keep up the good and yet hard work. That phase of transitioning with a new baby will end soon enough. Sadie will eventually just not worry about it as much. I know it's hard in the beginning, but it DOES get better...promise! Also, Jack and Sadie are ADORABLE! I love seeing them change and grow! So cute!

Gardner's said...

That is hilarious!! What are we going to do to decieve our little queen's now? Believe me I feel your pain! I'll call you this week!! Love ya!