The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thank you Mimi and Grandpa!!

We've had some visitors. My mom arrived the Monday after Jack was born and it was amazing to have her at home with us. We actually got quite a bit accomplished. I am amazed at how quickly I've recovered this time around. With Sadie I was still taking narcotics and waddling around. I am not even medicated and could probably jog if I wanted to. My only issue has been nursing. Of course I was worried that Jack would have a tongue tie just like Sadie did and make the whole nursing experience a very unpleasant one. Luckily he is tongue tie free but still a very aggressive eater and left me pretty sore the first couple of weeks. However, I am totally fine now and he's eating like a champ. We took him to the doctor for his two week appointment and he already weighs 9 pounds 6 ounces!! A whole pound since his birth. I bet he is well over 10 pounds now that he is almost a month old. So because I could walk and run errands my mom took me to Costco and we got all sorts of yummy foods. My mom always tries all the new products I am usually too afraid to buy (in fear that it will be disgusting and then a waste of money). She also took me to H&M. It was so fun to get some new clothes now that I'm not huge and pregnant any more. I also took her to my local thrift store where I like to buy old pieces of furniture to restore or find other fun stuff (I am amazed at what people out here donate). We both had so much fun!! I have to admit it was funny to see my mom shopping in a thrift store. She and Sadie had such a fun week. They read a lot of books, painted fingernails, and just hung out. Sadie loves her Mimi!! It was so nice to have her here for my sake as well. After Sadie went to bed it was hard for me to want to sleep because I just wanted to relish each moment I could talk to my mom with out any Children's Hour interruptions. Of course we even watched Little Dorrit, the latest Masterpiece Classic. You can't hang out with Mom or Dad with out seeing one of those. It was heavenly!! She and my Dad switched off with the Jane duties at home and he came a couple days after she returned home. Sadie LOVES her Grandpa. The second he arrived she asked him to do all the fun tricks she remembered him doing. He even introduced some new ones. Dad wanted to see the Georgetown campus so we headed up there one day. We watched the airplanes at National airport and just ran all over the place outside. I wish I had my Dad's energy (and patience)that he has with Sadie.
It was so fun to see him chase her all over the park and let her kick him while in the swing. Grandpa was able to see Sadie's last ballerina class and Sades thought it was pretty special to have him there. I don't know what we would have done if my parents hadn't come out. If only I could get them to stay forever. Sadie was so well behaved while they were here, probably because she always had someone to play with. Thanks again for coming guys and for taking such great care of us. We love you!!

2 comments:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Oh Abby, I just love those chubby little cheeks your Jack has! SO kissable! Must have been so nice to have your parents in town! We sure miss you here in San Diego! :)

j and k said...

What a fun time with your parents. Seeing them makes me so sentimental. I remember your dad used to do airplane with you all the time. That's so cute to see it cycle around again. Your little growing family is so darling and I wish I could be with you to relish in your kids. THey are so sweet!