The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The training wheels are off!!

I was so great to have my parents here for a few weeks. My Dad left on Saturday and Monday was my first day alone...with no help....ahhhhhh. Luckily I had some amazing women from the ward bring over dinners and I had Jill to hang out with which made Sadie (and me) feel a whole lot better. The first week went pretty well although it was REALLY HARD entertaining two kids at the same time. Sadie would always need me just as soon as I sat down to feed Jack.


I worked on playing with her as much as possible while he slept but it seems he was always waking up and spoiling her fun. We spent a lot of time in the back yard playing with her kiddie pool. I made a huge batch of play dough hoping it would entertain her while I nursed Jack but to my disappointment, she only wanted to play with the play dough when I could play with her. She only needed to use the potty when I couldn't stand up to help her. It was pretty rough. I found myself singing "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home" in my head most of the day, and once he came through the door I felt a transformation come over me. All of a sudden I'm a new mother, with patience, love and charity and leave the battered, tired, curmudgeon behind. I then all of a sudden fear the next day the second he comes home because I know he'll be leaving us again. I don't know how women send their husbands off to Iraq or how resident's wives survive with out their husbands home every night. I guess I'm a wimp. I couldn't handle their hardships. This is a very humbling period when I realize I am very blessed and my life is really not that hard but I just have to deal with what's going on the best I can. I'll definitely be on my knees a whole lot more begging for a little more patience, love and understanding toward these two "widdle" kids I am so blessed to have in my life.

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Those pictures are all so adorable! Sorry it's been hard. I can only imagine. Hang in there Sadie is bound to get use to this new lifestyle change. Wish I was close to take her off your hands for a playdate with Ella so you could get a little sleep. Did you know your old neighbor here (mommy of Luke) just had a baby girl, and she's feeling it with Luke too. I think kids just need sometime to come around to the whole "sharing Mommy" thing.